Post your current deck!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Post your current deck!

I have no idea so far with this game, but after 5 matches I'm running the following deck. What do you think?

Pilots:

1) Striker Pilot - to hunt enemy pilots early and just add extra anti-infantry
    2) Stim Bruiser Pilot - for early hardpoint push and to recap/rush an empty lane in opponent backfield
    3) Grenadier Pilot- to back up Striker or Bruiser and deploy against enemy grunts

Titans:

8) Stryder - excellent anti-pilot titan and a support card for larger titan battles
    9) Ogre - to tank turrets
    10) Sniper Ion - a great DPS titan behind the Ogre...can pick off things from a very far range. This thing is a beast

Burn Cards:

4) Grunts - to defend points, quickly capture open points, and reinforce tightly contested areas
    5) Rocket Grunts - like Grunts, but beefier and with decent anti-robotic capability. Do these defend like Grunts?
    6) Sentry - to hold points and prevent easy rear caps from opponent
    7) Arcfall - AoE where needed and more anti-robotic damage

I change my squad somewhat regularly, and I started a fresh account when we went worldwide, but am currently using:

Pilots: Grenadier, Holo Grenadier, Pyro Bruiser (clear those Hardpoints!) / Titans: Smoke Stryder, Nuke Atlas, Sniper Ion (kill those Titans!) / Burn Cards: Rocket Grunts, Missile, Sentry, Arcfall (good basic assortment).

On my wishlist: Sentry Tech, Sim Ninja, Thermal Scorch, Core Ogre, EMP, Nuke

Comment

My current squad is as follows -
      L4 Striker
      L6 Pyro Bruiser
      L6 Spectre Captain

L6 Stryder
      L6 Smoke Stryder
      L6 Nuke Atlas

L5 Shield Grunts
      L5 Rocket Grunts
      L5 Missile
      L3 Arc Sentry

Having issues matchmaking right now so I can't use em right now though

Comment

What's the counter to the Pyro Bruiser? It seems extremely OP to me right now.

Comment

Pilots:Holo grenade, Gunner Specter captain

Titans: Smoke Stryder, Atlas, Nuke Atlas

Burn cards: Shield grunt, Mine, Arc sentry, Missle

Rank 1805

As for dealing with Pyro Direct damage and mech units

Comment

My Deck:

Pilots:

1) Sprectre Captain
            2) Striker
            3) Pyro Bruiser

Titans:

8) Stryder
            9) Ogre
            10) Thermal Scorch

Burn Cards:

4) Grunts
            5) Missles
            6) Sentry
            7) Mine

Comment

I've changed things up and I'm running this currently. I'm at ~950 medals and would probably be in Bronze III if I had had more time to play:

Pilots:

2) Spectre Captain - I like this guy for the first hardpoint capture to help reinforce the fight in the middle. He replaced Stim Bruiser, which I found to be pretty lackluster.
              3) Grenadier Pilot- to back up Striker or Bruiser and deploy against enemy grunts

Titans:

8) Stryder - Excellent anti-pilot titan and a support for larger titan battles. I'll drop this guy in the back and let him walk up and clear everything out, also buying time to drop beefier titans ahead to tank for him
              9) Atlas - My all around titan, good for titan hunting and clearing hardpoints.
              10) Nuke Atlas - I'm really not sure about this one, but it seems to cause alot of havoc. This replaced Ion Sniper, which I found too expensive and underwhelming. I'm debating switching it out to the Ogre instead.

Burn Cards:

4) Shield Grunts - to defend points, quickly capture open points, and reinforce tightly contested areas. These honestly are amazing and seem pretty OP right now. These replaced normal Grunts.
              5) Rocket Grunts - like Grunts, but beefier and with decent anti-robotic capability.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Suplex View Post
                I've changed things up and I'm running this currently. I'm at ~950 medals and would probably be in Bronze III if I had had more time to play:

Pilots:

2) Spectre Captain - I like this guy for the first hardpoint capture to help reinforce the fight in the middle. He replaced Stim Bruiser, which I found to be pretty lackluster.

Titans:

8) Stryder - Excellent anti-pilot titan and a support for larger titan battles. I'll drop this guy in the back and let him walk up and clear everything out, also buying time to drop beefier titans ahead to tank for him
                9) Atlas - My all around titan, good for titan hunting and clearing hardpoints.
                10) Nuke Atlas - I'm really not sure about this one, but it seems to cause alot of havoc. This replaced Ion Sniper, which I found too expensive and underwhelming. I'm debating switching it out to the Ogre instead.

Burn Cards:

4) Shield Grunts - to defend points, quickly capture open points, and reinforce tightly contested areas. These honestly are amazing and seem pretty OP right now. These replaced normal Grunts.
                5) Rocket Grunts - like Grunts, but beefier and with decent anti-robotic capability.
                Out of Curiosity, how many trophies do you have?

Comment

Pliots:
                  Striker: Like to use him for early rollout and cap a hardpoint
                  Pyro Bruiser: AOE damage is good
                  Grunt captain: Having trouble holding on to hardpoints when pilots go on a joyride with their jump kits

Titans:
                  Reserve Stryder: Quick defense of hardpoint against pilots
                  Smoke Stryder: Like the smoke damage on a chokepoint and it does pretty well against titans
                  Atlas: My titan counter

Burn Cards:
                  Missle: For those pesky Grunts
                  Grunts: Cap an empty hardpoint or turn the tide of a fight for my pilots
                  Sentry: Defending hardpoints and providing extra damage against titans
                  Mine: A delayed missle against pilots because of the stuns against humans
                  Last edited by DerpyGuy; 08-20-2017, 01:34 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Cordell View Post

Out of Curiosity, how many trophies do you have?
                    With that deck I was just under 1000. I swapped the Nuke Atlas for an Ogre and the Grenadier Pilot for the Stim Bruiser and I'm now in the 1250 range, although I think if I had time to really grind I could push to Silver (2 steps forward, 1 step back type thing).

Nuke Atlas was a bit too situational and pricey for me, and Grenadier Pilot is just too fragile and very bad at pilot v pilot engagements, which I personally find to be extremely important early game. Ogre is a solid, versatile titan and Stim Bruiser just gives me extra tankyness to push on hardpoints. They changes have been
                    Last edited by Mr Suplex; 08-16-2017, 10:42 AM.

Comment

I'm sitting around 1900 trophies, and its been a struggle here and there, but what I was using for the longest time was:

Pilots:
                      Striker
                      Stim Bruiser
                      Sentry Tech

Titans:
                      Stryder
                      Ogre
                      Nuke Atlas

Burn Cards:
                      Grunts
                      Sentry
                      Heavy Grunts
                      Arcfall

This got me wins about 90% of the time, only typically losing to teams running the holo grenadier, boomer, gunner/pyro bruiser combo that just wipes out teams.

Thanks to the event I got my hands on the gunner and the holo grenadier, so working on a squad to utilize those properly.

Comment

This is my go to squad, but I am toying around with changing a few things up.

Pilots:
                        Spectre Captain
                        Striker
                        Pyro Bruiser

Titans:
                        Stryder
                        Atlas
                        Core Scorch

Burn Cards:
                        Grunts
                        Sentry
                        Rocket Sentry
                        Missile

Usually I roll out Striker or Pyro/Spectre; I rarely have 3 pilots on the field. I use the sentry turrets as defense/distraction to buy me time to figure out where I want to send my next pilot or grunts. I try to hold 2 Hard Points until I can drop a Titan or a Rocket Sentry in the backfield, and then start steamrolling from there dropping more and more titans and pilots to capture any HPs I've lost. Missile serves to wipe out enemy grunt drops, and Grunts serve to distract/quick capture a point. Problems I have with this deck are relatively high supply needed for most deployments and shield grunts ruin my day; I haven't really found a great counter to them yet.

Comment

• EchoTempo
                          EchoTempo commented
                          Editing a comment
                          If you can, level the pyro, he's probably one of your best bets against those heavy grunts, unless you feel confident rotating out a burn card for arcfall. Gunner can technically take them out, but he loses a lot of, if not all his health in the process. Holo grenadier is a cheap cost solution, but you have to be really careful with placement, and being an epic he can be a pain to level up.

I'm in Bronze Lvl 3 and this the current deck I use:
                        Striker
                        Stim Bruiser
                        Arc Boomer

Reserve Stryder
                        Atlas
                        Mortar Ogre

Rocket Sentry (my favorite burn card in the game)
                        Mine
                        Grunts
                        Sentry

My strat is use the Stim Bruiser to capture the nearest base and then immediately set up a Rocket Sentry that covers the middle hard point and the one nearest base (that the Bruiser just capped). Then I bring in the Striker and some grunts to wipe out the enemies pilots. From there I continue to dominate and set up some Sentry's as well to lock in my victory.

Comment

Edit: As an update I'm sitting at 2137 trophies with this.

Thanks to running into the same person two games in a row somehow, I had to move away from the squad I was using before, and actually took the one that beat me both times. Again, aside from the boomer combo I mentioned before, this is a hard to beat squad.

Pilots:
                          Stim Bruiser
                          Holo Grenadier
                          Pyro Bruiser

Titans:
                          Stryder
                          Smoke Stryder
                          Thermal Scorch (can easily be swapped for the Nuke Atlas or the Core Ion as I've seen success with these two)

Burn Cards:
                          Grunts
                          Mine
                          Missile
                          Heavy Grunts

Your ideal start is having the grunts right away. Depending on the map I send them to different places, but ultimately you want to send the pyro to the middle hardpoint as your second move. On Training Field its best to send the grunts to the far hardpoint, the pyro to the center, and the stim bruiser to the closer hardpoint. The speed boost from capping will get him to the middle as backup for the pyro if they start a fight, while the grunts will at least delay them capping the far hardpoint if not taking it before they can react. If they send something to take either of your hard points and you have the extra supply, try and drop grunts or heavy grunts just to delay them. When titans are available you want to have enough to drop your stryder right on top of them to clear the close or middle hardpoint immediately, and hopefully enough to drop grunts or a pilot. The missile and mine are useful to clear points or to help your pilots/grunts live through a fight. Delaying the enemy team while you build up supply is the key to victory.

Crash Site can go the same way as Training Field, but some matches you'll want to drop the holo grenadier and pyro on the middle hardpoint from the get-go, sending the pyro first of course. Mines feel far more important on this map, and sometimes you want to just drop one on a point if your sitting at 4-5 supply and already have a titan or two on the map.

Angel city is one of the hardest maps, I've found, because I run into people who have boomer and core ogre/scorch which are stupidly tough to combat. Aside from those frustrating games, it runs the same as the other two, but with a bigger emphasis on alternating hardpoints and delaying them from taking them with a timed grunt drop. My favorite is to drop a mine on a hardpoint as soon as they finish clearing my grunts from a previous cap, and then drop heavy grunts to delay them until the mine takes them down. With the freedom of dropping your titans anywhere on the map, its even easier to drop a smoke stryder on a point they sent a bunch of units onto to wipe them all out after they waste all the supplies.

Hopefully some of you find some fun with this build!
                          Last edited by EchoTempo; 08-21-2017, 12:59 PM.

Comment

A question out of curiosity. Would it be possible to have a good deck that uses nothing but Ogre type Titans? Or would I be better off using an assortment of all three types of Titan?

Comment

• EchoTempo
                              EchoTempo commented
                              Editing a comment
                              I'd say the only way to know for sure is to try it out in practice and maybe a few live matches. The main problem you would run into would be that you'd be missing out on the offensive abilities of other titans, and if they run an atlas or another anti-heavy unit they can shred through it. However, if you have a really good ground presence with your pilots and burn cards, it could be pretty devastating.

• EchoTempo
                              EchoTempo commented
                              Editing a comment
                              If I can get a hold of Core Ogre, I'd be more than happy to try and build a squad around that idea.
                          Working...
                          X