Drones are OP

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drones are OP

These things need a nerf, or to cost more supply, or both. They are absolutely OP right now in their current state at 3 supply. They chew through titans and turrets and are immune to arcfall and arcmines. I have yet to find a decent counter other than Grunt Captain, which I should not be forced to use just to deal with this nonsense. I have never accused this game of being Pay to Win, but with the advent of this unit it certainly feels that way.

AOE damage from your pilots is the way to go. Holo Grenadier will make quick work of them in a lot of cases. Other options are regular Grenadier, Boomer (if you're lucky enough to have one), and Arc Boomer if you can handle his 4 supply cost. Drones seem to be designed to counter teams that have a heavy reliance on robotic units like Sim Ninja and the Sentries. Grunt Captain is actually a pretty mediocre counter seeing as he only has close-range single target damage going for him.

Drones aren't really OP, but they will put a few decks in check that were a lot safer to use prior to their release. I personally am not a fan of using them. The enemies I've been up against in Gold usually have Boomer and/or Holo Grenadier, and they'll tend to make pitifully quick work of drones when I use them. The one thing that I absolutely think is ridiculous is that Arcfall isn't a suitable counter to them.

Comment

Originally posted by Novem View Post
      AOE damage from your pilots is the way to go. Holo Grenadier will make quick work of them in a lot of cases. Other options are regular Grenadier, Boomer (if you're lucky enough to have one), and Arc Boomer if you can handle his 4 supply cost. Drones seem to be designed to counter teams that have a heavy reliance on robotic units like Sim Ninja and the Sentries. Grunt Captain is actually a pretty mediocre counter seeing as he only has close-range single target damage going for him.

Drones aren't really OP, but they will put a few decks in check that were a lot safer to use prior to their release. I personally am not a fan of using them. The enemies I've been up against in Gold usually have Boomer and/or Holo Grenadier, and they'll tend to make pitifully quick work of drones when I use them. The one thing that I absolutely think is ridiculous is that Arcfall isn't a suitable counter to them.

I too was having issues with them in my personal deck, but what Novem says here is spot on. Even if you're not lucky enough to have Boomer or Holo Grenadier, I find that my leveled up Grunts can actually do a fair amount of damage to the enemy drones.

I also spoke with design here at the studio and they assured me that arc is the way to go when dealing with enemy drones.

Comment

Yeah drones are easily countered. I ccould easily name a few that are without question OP...

Comment

Originally posted by Entreri View Post
          Yeah drones are easily countered. I ccould easily name a few that are without question OP...
          Ok then name them. For 3 supply they are way too cost effective. Almost everything that does good arc damage either doesn't work on them or is countered by them as well.

Comment

Rocket Grunts take quick care of drones...all Range weapon Titans, Ogre, Stryder, Atlas etc. AOE damage pilots...Greandier, Stim Bruiser..etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Suplex View Post

Ok then name them. For 3 supply they are way too cost effective. Almost everything that does good arc damage either doesn't work on them or is countered by them as well.
              Well I’ve had a lot of success dealing with drones when I use emp, which if you aren’t using you’re not really competing, charge sniper, grenader is ok, arc boomer rolls over drones and titans alike (if mine was higher I’d use), smoke eats drones too, not to mention the standard ion titan removes them from time.

Comment

I use holo on the drone mostly or just use a reserve ogre or even standard ion. Worst case scanario I use rocket grunts or even arc bruiser. The drones can be easily countered. Grunt captain works well so does arc boomer. All I have listed don’t cost more than 4 at best.

Comment

Originally posted by Entreri View Post

Well I’ve had a lot of success dealing with drones when I use emp, which if you aren’t using you’re not really competing, charge sniper, grenader is ok, arc boomer rolls over drones and titans alike (if mine was higher I’d use), smoke eats drones too, not to mention the standard ion titan removes them from time.
                  So with EMP I have to use a 5 supply card to counter a 3 supply card? Sounds great. Many of the other cards you've listed I don't have or even have access to.

My point isn't that drones are unstoppable, my point is that they are too good for their cost. They need to be at least 4 supply considering their damage output, mobility, and immunity to many cards in the game.
                  Last edited by Mr Suplex; 09-25-2017, 03:27 PM.

Comment

But they can't capture hardpoints.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Suplex View Post

So with EMP I have to use a 5 supply card to counter a 3 supply card? Sounds great. Many of the other cards you've listed I don't have or even have access to.

My point isn't that drones are unstoppable, my point is that they are too good for their cost. They need to be at least 4 supply considering their damage output, mobility, and immunity to many cards in the game.
                      If you can’t get high enough to get the gear to deal with your problems I can’t help ya. Sorry m8 we just don’t see eye to eye on this issue.

Comment

I have Drones in my deck but I mainly use them to counter Sim Ninja and sentry gun, help in taking out Titans when they are busy shooting my Titan, and if I got a Core Scorch to the enemy HeavyTurret I drop Drones and Spectres to add more DPS. If they drop anything to counter I nuke them and the Turret. Got many Turret kills with this strategy during that Turret Kill event.

Comment

Drones are super easy to counter. Every ranged unit takes them down and AOE is great against them. Arc Boomer, Grenadier, Ion...they SHRED the drones.

I have drones in my deck to deal with the sim ninja. Now THAT unit is OP.

Comment

Working...
                          X