Drones are OP

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drones are OP

These things need a nerf, or to cost more supply, or both. They are absolutely OP right now in their current state at 3 supply. They chew through titans and turrets and are immune to arcfall and arcmines. I have yet to find a decent counter other than Grunt Captain, which I should not be forced to use just to deal with this nonsense. I have never accused this game of being Pay to Win, but with the advent of this unit it certainly feels that way.

AOE damage from your pilots is the way to go. Holo Grenadier will make quick work of them in a lot of cases. Other options are regular Grenadier, Boomer (if you're lucky enough to have one), and Arc Boomer if you can handle his 4 supply cost. Drones seem to be designed to counter teams that have a heavy reliance on robotic units like Sim Ninja and the Sentries. Grunt Captain is actually a pretty mediocre counter seeing as he only has close-range single target damage going for him.

Drones aren't really OP, but they will put a few decks in check that were a lot safer to use prior to their release. I personally am not a fan of using them. The enemies I've been up against in Gold usually have Boomer and/or Holo Grenadier, and they'll tend to make pitifully quick work of drones when I use them. The one thing that I absolutely think is ridiculous is that Arcfall isn't a suitable counter to them.

Comment

Originally posted by Novem View Post
      AOE damage from your pilots is the way to go. Holo Grenadier will make quick work of them in a lot of cases. Other options are regular Grenadier, Boomer (if you're lucky enough to have one), and Arc Boomer if you can handle his 4 supply cost. Drones seem to be designed to counter teams that have a heavy reliance on robotic units like Sim Ninja and the Sentries. Grunt Captain is actually a pretty mediocre counter seeing as he only has close-range single target damage going for him.

Drones aren't really OP, but they will put a few decks in check that were a lot safer to use prior to their release. I personally am not a fan of using them. The enemies I've been up against in Gold usually have Boomer and/or Holo Grenadier, and they'll tend to make pitifully quick work of drones when I use them. The one thing that I absolutely think is ridiculous is that Arcfall isn't a suitable counter to them.

I too was having issues with them in my personal deck, but what Novem says here is spot on. Even if you're not lucky enough to have Boomer or Holo Grenadier, I find that my leveled up Grunts can actually do a fair amount of damage to the enemy drones.

I also spoke with design here at the studio and they assured me that arc is the way to go when dealing with enemy drones.

Comment

Yeah drones are easily countered. I ccould easily name a few that are without question OP...

Comment

Working...
        X