Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ideas for New Titans, Pilots, and Burn Cards!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ideas for New Titans, Pilots, and Burn Cards!

I've had quite a few ideas for future Titans, Pilots, and Burn Cards! I will list off the ideas I have below.

Titans
    ---------
    Core Ronin - Similar to the Arc Ronin, only using a Sword Core and having the appearance of a Ronin Prime (or similar), with the Arc Wave attack being even more powerful than that of the Arc Ronin's own, plus having a greater amount of health when compared to the base Ronin, giving it more of an edge in combat. (I'm not too sure about this one, personally, it was just an idea based on my experience with the games thus far.)

Core Legion - When, and if, the Legion is added to the game, I'd say a Core variant would be a nice addition to the roster. Implementing the Smart Core, it will focus on targeting opposing Titans, acting as a sort of wall between the titans and your base, but projectiles will also hit pilots and infantry if they are within the Titan's field of view, dealing more damage against pilots and infantry than they will against titans for obvious reasons. Due to limitations in the production process, the Smart Core will not allow for prolonged periods of continuous fire, the Titan being required to stop firing so its weapon can cool down. Its appearance will be that of a Legion Prime (or similar). (From what I've learned, "smart" weapons have projectiles that will seek targets within the reticle out, making it easier for the user of the weapon to better combat enemies. Perhaps something could be done in the app to create a similar or even identical effect without making the Titan too overly powerful.)

Northstar - Perhaps, like its Titanfall 2 counterpart, it could be a sniping unit, using its Plasma Railgun to pick off/damage targets from afar. Due to its maneuverability, this would make the Northstar a real threat on the battlefield if action is not taken quickly.

Core Northstar - With the appearance of a Northstar Prime (or similar), the Core Northstar will take advantage of its Flight Core, taking to the skies and raining a barrage of missiles down upon the battlefield. As expected, it will have noticeably more health and attack power than that of the base Northstar.

Brute - Similar to the Northstar in terms of health, the Brute will use a Quad Rocket to deal damage to enemies within its range. It will target any enemy within its sight, but due to the Quad Rocket's relatively slow rate of fire, the Titan would be quite open to damage without backup.

Tone - Unlike its Titanfall 2 counterpart, the Tone would be using its Tracker Cannon as a weapon and nothing else. The cannon would deal a moderate amount of damage per shot and have a decently fast rate of fire to compensate for its relatively low damage output, similar to its Titanfall 2 counterpart.

Pilots
    ---------
    Pulse Blade - A Pulse Blade Pilot with rather high speed that throws Pulse Blades to attack. Unlike their base counterparts, these Pulse Blades don't serve the purpose of echolocators, and are simply damaging throwing weapons. The Pulse Blades thrown will, also, not kill the target instantly upon making contact. Perhaps they could simply be called Throwing Knives, or something along those lines...

Sim Elite - A Stim Simulacrum wielding a G2A5 Battle Rifle, making it suitable for picking off single targets due to their weapon's single bullet fire. Due to the semi-automatic nature of the weapon, the pilot is very accurate at the expense of defense, meaning that you should prioritize in finding a spot that doesn't have all that many enemies to send them to. Unlike regular pilots, they focus on more than just taking back hardpoints. Along with capturing hardpoints, they also focus on picking off enemy pilots in an attempt to prevent the enemy from capturing a hardpoint. They can deal a pretty decent amount of damage to grunts, but only about half as much damage when it comes to spectres. The damage dealt to pilots is roughly half the damage dealt to grunts, maybe less.

Burn Cards
    ---------
    Ticks - Ticks will be deployed in a similar manner to that of a Mine, and upon deployment, they will begin advancing on any enemy units within range, namely Titans, as their large size and high firepower makes them an immediate threat, but will also target pilots and infantry. They're quick to utilize the environment around them to their advantage, making no area safe from their advancements. One drawback to the Tick is that they're incredibly lightly armored, meaning that a few well placed shots will take them out, but be warned, if they're close enough, the explosion will still deal damage, but maybe not nearly as much as it would have otherwise.

Drone - When deployed, the Drone will sit and guard the area it was initially deployed in until enemies come into its view, at which point it will begin to actively pursue any enemies within its range, shooting at a single enemy at a time, much like that of a Sentry. They may be cheaper to produce than any of the available Sentries, but as a result of their cheap cost, they're easily taken out, making them much more of a distraction than an actual threat. (The Drones burn card was added to the game! From what I've seen, the drones deployed behave very similarly to how I described it here.)

Stalkers - Similar to Spectres, Stalkers will be deployed via a drop pod. Unlike Spectres, however, they have heavier armor, granting them more health at the cost of speed. They will come equipped with an L-STAR LMG, which will make them a force to be reckoned with, but one drawback to them is their inaccuracy, which causes them to miss many shots fired from their weapons, but in groups, they're deadly. (Another idea, which I got from Titanfall 2, is having them explode upon taking too much damage, but I'm not too sure if having this as a part of their Titanfall: Assault counterparts would be such a great idea.)

Mortar Spectres - When deployed, a group of four Spectres equipped with mortar launchers will begin making its way up and onto higher ground. They have relatively long range, making them a rather big threat if not dealt with quickly, as they will take immediate aim at the enemy base's Medium and Heavy Turrets, causing moderate damage with each successful volley of mortars launched. While they may be threatening if not dealt with quickly, they're not all that good at CQC, meaning that a pilot rushing up to them will likely come out victorious.
    Last edited by Nightbre; 09-17-2017, 06:21 AM.

Feel free to tell me if this wasn't posted in the correct location, I found no such threads like this one...

Also, I will be adding onto this list from time to time, so please check back regularly! It'll take time for me to come up with future ideas, but when I do, I'll add it to the list!
    Last edited by Nightbre; 08-23-2017, 09:52 AM.

Comment

I like your idea for the ticks, especially if they can take out a boomer, because that unit is way too strong as is and has no good counters. I think it would be a good idea for the legion or core legion to target the lowest health unit and finish them off in that order, or target pilots first maybe. The core Ronin idea would be broken as can be if it got stronger and had more health, but I don't really see where else it could go unless maybe its a phase ronin instead? Using phase shift to temporarily escape fire and remove aggro.

Comment

I wasn't entirely sure what to do about the Core Ronin idea, but I figured I'd put it in the list since it was on my mind. I believe a Phase Shift Stryder is in the making, so that one may be ruled out. Not sure yet. It was rather late for me, too, and my train of thought was dwindling while I was typing everything, so I may go back and revise some things.

Comment

I think you have a lot of great ideas, but I'm torn between wanting new content and wanting some serious reviews on balance.

Comment

All of these ideas are all subject to change, but the base concepts for each (the types of Titans, Pilots, and Burn Cards), will still remain, no matter what I choose to do with them. Given my experience as a Pulse Blade pilot, the sprint isn't all that quick, being about average, but that may be normal. I still like that particular type of pilot, however. They look really ace.

Comment

Oh definitely, I love the pulse blade appearance. I'm actually sad we can't just customize our pilots. My favorite is running stim and melee'ing people to death. The key to remember is that if they don't go down in one hit, you're not going fast enough.

Comment

New unique pilots will soon replace the NPC-based ones. Keep an eye out!

Sorry about my lack of activity, I've been very busy with work these past few weeks, and haven't been capable of doing much in terms of coming up with new ideas. But, some ideas have come to me, and I will get right to working on putting those in the list!
                Last edited by Nightbre; 09-17-2017, 05:36 AM.

Comment

I'm bumpin' this up a bit.

Comment

Core ronin: 7 supply, always dashes, attack speed increase to twice of ronins and thow's a high damage red Arc wave like core scorch does with flame wave.

Legion: 5 supply, it is like a a mortar ogre but focused burn cards units and pilots and shoots from afar.

Blast legion: 5 supply, same as legion but close range and uses shot gun blast every now and then.

core legion: 8 supply, like a gunner only titan form

Northstar: 4 supply, like sniper ion but weaker and launches traps to hold titans. And focuses titans and building's

Threat Northstar: 5 supply, focuses pilots and grunts(also drones) fires quicker for less damage and fires a cluster missiles every 5 seconds

core Northstar: 7 supply, focuses titans and buildings and fires from far away and every so often flies up out of melee attack range and blasts missiles.

Tone: 5 supply, focuses titans and pilots, mid range, fires 3 shots and then missile barrage

burst tone: 6 supply, like tone but fires the 3 shots in a burst and then a second later missiles and the 3 seconds 3 burst again.

core tone: 7 supply fires regular shots and every 5 seconds fires off a missile wave over environment towards main turret.

these are a few ideas I have

Comment

Those are some really good ideas! Kinda' wish I'd included a supply amount in my ideas, but I suppose my descriptions more than make up for it. I'll work on this some more, I swear! (Don't believe anything I say, it's all a bunch of lies. LIES! Seriously, I'll try to come up with more ideas.)

To everyone: Feel free to add your own ideas to this post, if you'd like!
                      Last edited by Nightbre; 11-03-2017, 10:31 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X