Boomer overpowered

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boomer overpowered

The boomer is too powerful his sheild tanks too much damage and then boosts his attack. He should cost 7 supply, or have a shield no amp wall, or no shield but keep amp weapon. I know that arc damage is suppose to take down his shield but that is glitches and doesn't do that. So this unit need's to be reassessed

That's why it is legendary. Arc Boomer + Gunner is good combo against it.

Arcfall missile can deal huge damage to Boomer and other shielded units.
    Last edited by Commander_xXx; 08-21-2017, 07:57 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Commander_xXx View Post
      That's why it is legendary. Arc Boomer + Gunner is good combo against it.
      The problem is that with all that power, he's a low cost, sentry tech is a legendary as well, and has the same cost, but is completely outplayed by the boomer. A single unit can take out the sentry and the tech where two units minimum are needed to take out boomer, unless you drop a titan on him. If they have a sufficiently leveled Boomer, he'll likely take the titan out for a trade.

The sim ninja is in a similar space, finally came across one, and it single handedly took out all three pilots as well as two groups of grunts before I could take him out. Didn't feel as bad about it though, because there wasn't a bundle that had the sim ninja in it that a large portion of players bought.

Comment

Originally posted by EchoTempo View Post

The problem is that with all that power, he's a low cost, sentry tech is a legendary as well, and has the same cost, but is completely outplayed by the boomer. A single unit can take out the sentry and the tech where two units minimum are needed to take out boomer, unless you drop a titan on him. If they have a sufficiently leveled Boomer, he'll likely take the titan out for a trade.

The sim ninja is in a similar space, finally came across one, and it single handedly took out all three pilots as well as two groups of grunts before I could take him out. Didn't feel as bad about it though, because there wasn't a bundle that had the sim ninja in it that a large portion of players bought.
        Exactly my point. He should at least cost 5 maybe 6. This wouldn't be a issue for me then. But at 3 to drop you can drop him and a Pyro and they ko any pilot combo. The arc boomer cost 4 and he dies before he even can hurt the boomer. Now doesn't that seem odd??? So either the boomer needs one of the changes I said or needs to cost more. Only other thing I can say is make the gunner a amped gunner then. A change is needed cause why not take him into battle at such a low cost.

Comment

Originally posted by KesTuCos View Post

Exactly my point. He should at least cost 5 maybe 6. This wouldn't be a issue for me then. But at 3 to drop you can drop him and a Pyro and they ko any pilot combo. The arc boomer cost 4 and he dies before he even can hurt the boomer. Now doesn't that seem odd??? So either the boomer needs one of the changes I said or needs to cost more. Only other thing I can say is make the gunner a amped gunner then. A change is needed cause why not take him into battle at such a low cost.
          If you follow the squad building side of the forums, you'll see that I complain about the boomer a lot. The Core Ogre is also in a really powerful spot, At base level it has almost as much health as a partially leveled up regular ogre, and has ridiculous shields.

Comment

If you follow the squad building side of the forums, you'll see that I complain about the boomer a lot. The Core Ogre is also in a really powerful spot, At base level it has almost as much health as a partially leveled up regular ogre, and has ridiculous shields.
            Cool I'll start to follow that too. And yes I have just started to run into them and I have to drop a nuke and a nuke titan just to take it to a quarter of its health

Comment

Boomer attacks slow, he is very weak to faster attacks like grenadier

Comment

Originally posted by Grawrant View Post
                Yes but at 4 lvl's under the boomer kills the grenader before he gets a 2nd grenade thrown. You have spend more to kill the boomer then the boomer cost just to counter him.

Comment

Originally posted by Grawrant View Post
                  I played against a team that was mostly under leveled compared to mine... except a boomer at level 8. That lone Boomer tore through my level 8 pyro, my level 8 stim bruiser, and my level 6 holo grenadier... alone.

The problem is that he's stupidly powerful, and from what I've gathered from patch notes, that level ups give %5 increases to stats... which include health and damage. So as he levels up he gets even beefier and able to dish out one to two shots to units more effectively. Normally I drop a Smoke Stryder if I can, but even then, the high level boomer just rips its health apart and an enemy titanfall takes precedence over pilots on the ai side it seems.

Comment

I have yet to run into a Boomer, so I suppose I can't really judge too much. But, if he is as much a shield/robot nuisance as my pet hate, Spectre Captain, surely the best counter is arc cards; Arc Boomer, Arcfall and Arc sentry? As soon as I saw Spectre Captain being used more frequently (responsible for my two losses so far, the scum...) I made sure I had a few arc-based counters (the three listed above + standard Atlas)

So far it's worked well. Maybe make sure there are adequate, cost-effective counters in your deck? If there are, then sure, he may be somewhat OP, but at least he can be patched (hopefully)

Comment

If anything, Spectre Captain is, so far, way more overpowered than any other card I've run into. Even with Arc Boomer, if you're opponent has other counters for him and uses them, you're pretty much permanently on the back foot. Just had an utter farce of a match where my opponent had no other really noticeable cards other than Sentry Tech and a Core Titan, and I couldn't even shift him from most of his points because of Spectre spam. Super bloody annoying.

Comment

• Chromatone
                        Chromatone commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I almost never see specter captain, i have a lvl12 and dont use. Hes great if u take an uncontested hardpoint but terrible in contesting fights with his low low stats. He also hates comon aoe dmg.
                        Last edited by Chromatone; 08-24-2017, 09:50 AM.

Originally posted by TechbotAlpha View Post
                      I have yet to run into a Boomer, so I suppose I can't really judge too much. But, if he is as much a shield/robot nuisance as my pet hate, Spectre Captain, surely the best counter is arc cards; Arc Boomer, Arcfall and Arc sentry? As soon as I saw Spectre Captain being used more frequently (responsible for my two losses so far, the scum...) I made sure I had a few arc-based counters (the three listed above + standard Atlas)

So far it's worked well. Maybe make sure there are adequate, cost-effective counters in your deck? If there are, then sure, he may be somewhat OP, but at least he can be patched (hopefully)
                      The problem is the only way to beat him is to have a arc fall and then a pilot. So 5 cost min and you won't always have arc fall ready for him. He cost 3 to play. He should cost 5 and the ninja spector just as much. What people are having issues with is his cost. They cost less then the captain cards and yet they one shot all captains and there units

and as for spector captain get a gunner or a bruiser of some sort they beat captains easy

Comment

• Chromatone
                        Chromatone commented
                        Editing a comment
                        First off arcfall is not a good card. Some pilot with anti robo help. Also bumping him with drop pods realy messes with his targeting and slow attack speed. For sure a lot of times he feels like an unkillable nightmare with to much hp. But i have managed to beat ones with higher lvl than my army with flanking tactics.

• EchoTempo
                        EchoTempo commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Chromatone,

Arcfall is a good card, for one reason. It's damage may be low, but what it does is deal extra health damage if it breaks a shield on a target, with mine at level 8, I can drop a boomer to half-3/4 health remaining with it, up to level 10 on the boomer, but I still need a follow up. The problem is, that he's a bit of a special case. Normally shielded units count as "robotic" so anti robotic does help, however he only counts as far as his shield goes, so once that's down, he counts as human. So flanking and dropping pods on him can help... but he's still much stronger than pretty much any legendary at the same level, and costs less than some of them.

I've definitely beaten higher levels ones... but again, cost-wise it ends up being a minimum of about 5 supply to deal with a three supply card who can be redeployed again in another 5-8 seconds.

Well it does cost 7 and that takes around 20-25 seconds to build up and it can be easily countered by gunner if placed correctly

Comment

Originally posted by Totorbanana View Post

Well it does cost 7 and that takes around 20-25 seconds to build up and it can be easily countered by gunner if placed correctly
                        Problem is that the gunner is the first to run into something's face. His ai is horrible. I've set him to sit on a building to shoot at a Pyro and instead of stay there and shooting which is in his range he jumped down to get blasted. And the issue with the core ogre is that there is his one weakness and that weakness can be counted by several cards. And not everyone runs a gunner so then it's a auto loss for them once the half way mark hits if they dont at least have 70 points. The gunner would be a effective counter if his ai didn't make him jump into danger and if he wasn't countered by a ton of cards. The problem people are having with the core ogre is he cost the same as every other legendary titan and he beats them all the only real counter I've seen for him is a core ion and he is extremely rare to get

Comment

it would feel more fair if Boomer cost 4 supply and had a slight health nerf. having 2 types of health with robotic shield and human health makes it extremely difficult to counter since most all cards lean more robotic or human damage and not both. Its one of the only units that you MUST use more than its worth to kill

Comment

Working...
                          X