Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What to prioritise when reaching industry age?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What to prioritise when reaching industry age?

Getting pretty close to leaving EA and am kinda planning ahead. What is the best stuff to start working on in industrial age?

Armory, Refinery, Mill and LibraryX2 first upgrades.

Comment

• Gundolin
      Gundolin commented
      Editing a comment
      Why the priority on the library? I'd put library up there but not that early, Drilling, and Savings, are pure economics. Heavy weaponry helps early if you are using heavy Gatling gun, but you are a long way from getting heavy tanks. Nationalism is of no help until you have built bunkers.

So I'd agree that the library is important, I just don't see the advantage of having it before you have added Bunkers and level 3 factory for Heavy tanks?

Thanks

• JNation
      JNation commented
      Editing a comment
      Mountainking is saying library because once its upgraded its easy to do research in it because it requires no workers. Its one of those buildings that you can continue to make progress with in the background. Not to mention unlocking a third plane is a major boost to offense.

• Mountainking
      Mountainking commented
      Editing a comment
      JNation Thanks. Exactly my thoughts. An easy and painless way to unlock a 2nd/3rd planes as opposed to gathering 110k oil early in IA. + other concurrent upgrades that can help you sink some res to be a less likely target

make sure you have upgraded all your markets, and have lots of gold ready ..
    the moment you enter IA you will want to build your next house right away for the 2 more workers.

Comment

New house, armory and two mills so you can upgrade troops in the new armory. After that it depends on you - refinery, library, barracks, air strip are all good choices. Get a stables up to a tank depot as soon as convenient too - having one upgrades your forest defenders, and makes a big difference on defense.

Comment

I'm still upgrading generals using oil. Plus finishing defence upgrades and doing library and university research. All level nine walls plus a few level ten. Not in a hurry....

Comment

I just moved up to IA from EA, and found getting oil for Generals much easier, even though I am still attacking using all EA troops. I will have Artillery in 7 days and Righteous Rifleman in 4 days, but until even without them it just seems I find far more easy targets with Oil.

As far as what to upgrade first goes, you need to upgrade at least 1 of your mills if you are max for EA. Tanks, Supply Truck and Artillery all take around 6.3 Food and I believe your max is 6.0 with EA.

As a side note I bought both starter packs and had 16 workers when I reached IA. I do not see an option to buy another house when I hit this age, so I'm not sure if that option is available for everyone or only people who hadn't purchased the starter packs.

Comment

Originally posted by Gundolin View Post
            I just moved up to IA from EA, and found getting oil for Generals much easier, even though I am still attacking using all EA troops. I will have Artillery in 7 days and Righteous Rifleman in 4 days, but until even without them it just seems I find far more easy targets with Oil.

As far as what to upgrade first goes, you need to upgrade at least 1 of your mills if you are max for EA. Tanks, Supply Truck and Artillery all take around 6.3 Food and I believe your max is 6.0 with EA.

As a side note I bought both starter packs and had 16 workers when I reached IA. I do not see an option to buy another house when I hit this age, so I'm not sure if that option is available for everyone or only people who hadn't purchased the starter packs.
            Someone in my alliance has just moved to IA and says he gets destroyed in attacks and he has level 10/11 walls!! Presumably global guys are picking him off for his oil. That means you need to start working on defence pretty quickly?

Comment

IA guys will destroy whoever has EA defenses only. Being new in IA is a huge pain. Once you get at the top, even GA will think twice before hitting you. Walls make little difference if they want your oil.

Comment

Originally posted by True God View Post

Someone in my alliance has just moved to IA and says he gets destroyed in attacks and he has level 10/11 walls!! Presumably global guys are picking him off for his oil. That means you need to start working on defence pretty quickly?
                There will always be someone who can shred your defenses. So I put the emphasis on Offense, to make certain that I can make back what I lost quickly. I'm more of a believer in the best defense is a strong offense strategy.

Comment

• Gundolin
                  Gundolin commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I am industrial age. And just reached it so have a long way to go. However, I very much doubt you can make a maxed/good walls that a decent global age player can't punch through. Are you claiming all level 13 walls on an IA base can't or rarely can be beaten?

Also how do you search for players to see their base that would be interesting. Thanks for your help .

• Mountainking
                  Mountainking commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Oh trust me. Some decent walls (lvl12+) and maxed IA defenses, you hardly ever get messed with. But I might be lucky.

To search a player, just do an alliance search and find the player name you are looking for. For instance, search "Immortal Kings" and click on my account Lightbringer to 'scout' me.
                  Cheers.

• Gundolin
                  Gundolin commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Cool info on the search key. Thanks Mountain.

Hey,

we're at about the same point. Though I've decided to stick to EA for a bit to finish expansion and work on university research.

I always tend to use the same rules of thumb after leveling up.

House
                Everything New at level 0 - eg the extra tower
                Research skills (to open the armoury, Uni, Library)
                Attack
                Resources
                Storage
                Defence

How much above max EA storage is the house?

Comment

• yemen
                  yemen commented
                  Editing a comment
                  The last two houses are both 6 million. So not above you at all, if you are full when the TC finishes you can build it immediately.

Originally posted by yemen View Post
                New house, armory and two mills so you can upgrade troops in the new armory. After that it depends on you - refinery, library, barracks, air strip are all good choices. Get a stables up to a tank depot as soon as convenient too - having one upgrades your forest defenders, and makes a big difference on defense.
                Still in enlightenment age but am upgrading all defence to max. Plus forest clearance until i can't do any more. Also want two level 11 generals and probably Napoleon as strong as i can get him.

Comment

• Green Bird
                  Green Bird commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I too upgraded everything in Enlightenment but in hindsight should have done differently. Now I would go into Industrial as soon as offence and core defence were done and then upgrade everything fully before moving to Global. The offensive power boost that you get in Industrial with tanks and planes is a game changer.

From defence point of view:

Four pillars of IA defence
                - Anti tank cannons (green one) receive HUGE upgrade in IA and must be upgraged ASAP.
                - Sniper tower. Good placed ST has potential to clear some armies alone.
                - Anti Air. Bases without AA are easily cleared by heavy tanks/flyiers combo.
                - Bunker. At least one, better two. Better with acropolis.

Next priority is to upgrage horses to tanks depots. All other defense upgrades are much much weaker (mortal included)

Comment

I have two towers and two stables to max out in EA plus just started a factory build with the discount offer. Done all the library research that i needed and am always keeping workers busy in the university. Plus a dozen or so level 10 walls but am not obsessed with them. Nearly ready to move up.

Comment

Originally posted by TizJourney View Post
                    From defence point of view:

Four pillars of IA defence
                    - Anti tank cannons (green one) receive HUGE upgrade in IA and must be upgraged ASAP.
                    - Sniper tower. Good placed ST has potential to clear some armies alone.
                    - Anti Air. Bases without AA are easily cleared by heavy tanks/flyiers combo.
                    - Bunker. At least one, better two. Better with acropolis.

Next priority is to upgrage horses to tanks depots. All other defense upgrades are much much weaker (mortal included)
                    The tank depor should be before sniper tower....

Comment

Four pillars of IA defence are incorrect from my perspective. I made it to Atomic without any bunkers. Anti Air are just mosquito bites for planes. Mortars first (destroys shooters). Anti-tank second (destroys tanks) and then towers (destroy planes)

Comment

Working...
                      X