X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• World War FAQ: Planning Day and War Day

What happens during Planning Day?
    Planning Day is about getting ready for war. No attacks can be made, but players can scout opponents, donate troops to allies, and rearrange their war base.

How does scouting work?
    You can scout both Ally and Enemy War Bases during World War to see their layout. Scouting in advance helps to coordinate attacks and devise winning strategies!

How does troop donation work in world wars?
    The Alliance Gate on your War Base is different from the Alliance Gate in your Town and each must be filled separately. The troops donated to a War Base on Planning Day will defend it against all attacks during War Day. These troops will spawn from the Town Center during wars.

Unlike your normal Town, you don’t have to request troops for your War Base. Instead, all War Bases are automatically open for troop donation during Planning Day. To donate, simply tap on an ally’s War Base on the War Map during Planning Day and donate troops directly to it. Troops cannot be donated to War Bases during War Day.

When attacking opponents in World War, you may fill up the Alliance Gate in your Town or Alliance Chat before battle with troop donations, just like in Multiplayer.

How do I change the layout of my war base?
    You can change the layout of your War Base using the Layout Editor. Your War Base can be rearranged on or before Planning Day, but any changes made to your War Base during War Day will not take effect until the start of the next war.

What happens during war day?
    This is the day when each Alliance member makes their two best attacks against the enemy. Each Star earned will push an Alliance closer to victory! Players can continue to scout all War Bases during War Day.

How many battles can I fight in a world war?
    Players can attack 2 times on War Day. Players cannot attack the same enemy twice.

How do I choose who to attack?
    When fighting in World War, you want to maximize the amount of Stars you earn for your Alliance. Sometimes that means finding an opponent you can easily get five stars against, while other times it means struggling to get one or two stars against a tougher opponent.

You may be given a Recommended Target, indicated by the target symbol on an enemy Territory. This target is recommended based on the strength of your army and the strength of the target’s defenses. War Base layout is not factored into the recommendation, so you should always be sure to scout before attacking.

How do I train an army for world war?
    Armies for World War are trained the same way as they are for multiplayer: in your normal town, or with the Train Troops button on the right hand side of the War Map.

What happens to donated defenders that are defeated in a war attack?
    Donated Defenders that were defeated are automatically replenished after a battle. They will defend a War Base against every attack during the war in which they were donated.

Why did I lose my attack?
    In World War you only get two attacks to earn as many Stars as you can, so make sure they count. Attacks in World War are consumed the moment you leave the Troop Confirmation screen. Unlike Multiplayer attacks are consumed even if you don’t drop any troops, so be sure to scout your opponents first to make sure you don’t waste your attacks.

Why does the amount of Attacks Used differ from the total of Attacks Won and Attacks Lost in the War Report?
    Battles that are currently in progress will not have a result. Therefore, the number attacks Won/Lost cannot be updated until a battle has finished.

I started a battle right before the World War timer ran out! Will it be counted?
    Any battles started before the war ends will be allowed to finish, and will be counted toward the final score of the war.

Why do I have to wait to see the results after war day has ended?
    It’s possible that there are some last minute battles that could impact the outcome of the war. There is a five-minute grace period after a war is over to allow any active battles to finish and be counted towards the final score.

---
    Ironangel
    Big Huge Games Community Manager

Reword- doesn't make sense, Because, Make sure i scout opponent, - but if i scout and don't drop troops, thats like multiplayer and Thats when attacks are consumed without dropping troops.. I know thats not what you mean, but thats why its confusing.

Why did I lose my attack?

In World War you only get two attacks to earn as many Stars as you can, so make sure they count. Attacks in World War are consumed the moment you leave the Troop Confirmation screen. Unlike Multiplayer attacks are consumed even if you don’t drop any troops, so be sure to scout your opponents first to make sure you don’t waste your attacks.
    Last edited by Bla Bla; 12-02-2015, 10:11 AM.

Comment

• I'm Gugs
      I'm Gugs commented
      Editing a comment
      Scout and attack are different thing, when you scout an enemie you don't use an attack, you can't deploy troops while you're scouting an enemy, for what it looks like you can scout unlimited amout of times.
      Still I'm not sure since I haven't had the chance to participate in a war with my alliance, I've been waiting over an hour for a match.

I'm assuming this answers itself once we launch one of these puppies, but I suppose every base must be attacked a limited number of times so, aligning the various opponent strengths so everyone is attacking the right base to maximize chances of stars is what your getting at... You may want to add the match up part.

How do I choose who to attack?

When fighting in World War, you want to maximize the amount of Stars you earn for your Alliance. Sometimes that means finding an opponent you can easily get five stars against, while other times it means struggling to get one or two stars against a tougher opponent.

You may be given a Recommended Target, indicated by the target symbol on an enemy Territory. This target is recommended based on the strength of your army and the strength of the target’s defenses. War Base layout is not factored into the recommendation, so you should always be sure to scout before attacking.

Comment

When I'm setting up my war base do I want to connect roads to my town center?

Comment

• Eddie F1
        Eddie F1 commented
        Editing a comment
        Not really

• Navalis
        Navalis commented
        Editing a comment
        Except that connected roads DO add hit points to you TC. Just something to consider!

I would like to know if roads connected to TC in war bases add extra health like in the regular map

Comment

HEY THERE EVERYONE!

Since the answer to this on-going question came up within my Alliance recently, and I'm NOT one to NOT have nor find answers for my Alliance Members, and it was SUCH A PAIN to try and locate a definitive YES or NO answer, and as I saw & read this listing/question, and to me, it still remained pretty comfusing & unclear (& from other people's posts I wasn't the only one who felt that way!), I thought I would stop & make very certain that the answer is CRYSTAL CLEAR for anyone else who reads this posting!

THE QUESTION:
        FOR WORLD WARS, Does Your WarBase Town Center receive the added Boost/Bonus Hit Points to Your Warbase Layout, if You Connect Your Road Network to Your Warbase Layout's TownCenter? The same way your Regular Multi-Player Town Center receives extra Boost/Bonus Hit Points, if You connect your RoadNetwork to Your regular TownCenter in Multi-Player.

THE VERIFIED ANSWER: (per Customer Service confirmation by a Game Master 01/03/17, as Yes!, I asked for clarification) was:ABSOLUTELY=>YES!

YES!, In WORLD WAR, You DO receive an ADDITIONAL Bonus/Health Boost to your HIT POINTS for your Warbase Layout's TownCenter Total Health, if you connect Building to your RoadNetwork, and then your RoadNetwork to your TownCenter!

The number of Bonus/Boost Health HitPoints your TownCenter will get from being connected to your RoadNetwork, solely depends upon the total number of buildings that you have connected to your Road Network (the same way as in Multi-Player & your Regular Towncenter Layout), AND, if you also have any special World Wonders connected to your RoadNetwork. Remember, that connecting the Stone Henge World
        Wonder to your Roadnetwork gives your RoadNetwork an added points 'bonus!'

I hope that FINALLY, once & for ALL resolves this question for everyone else, too!...GOOD LUCK!

Carrigana
        Leader
        SOUTHERN USA ALLIANCE
        "COME ON DOWN & CHECK US OUT!"
        CREED: Be ACTIVE, Be COURTEOUS, Be KIND/SUPPORTIVE, and
        HAVE FUN!
        Carrigana
        Leader
        Southern USA Alliance

Come On Down & Check Out Our Alliance!!
        Recruiting Status: ACTIVE = Currently Seeking New/Low Level Players
        Note: Players of ALL Levels are always WELCOME!
        Ya Never know, You may even learn something interesting! 😉 and/or Like Us All Enough to Stay!! 😃👍🏼..However, if You do Go, then "No Harm, No Foul!!"...and Remember, You can Always Come Back!!.. *Winks* *Smiles*

ALLIANCE CREED:
        Be Active, Be Kind, Be Courteous & Have FUN !!

SOUTHERN USA ALLIANCE ...*WOOT!-*WOOT!*, and then some!..*laughs*

Comment

Hi! Question - Why the all War bases my alias including mine look different as on the layout editor. For example- My War base is the same like my normal, multiplayer base- level 169 strong base. However if I look on the War Map, my base look like such in the Stone age and is on level 115 - totally weak, with 90% less wepon power than I normally have...
          Should I arrange my War base BEFORE going to World War or this is just some error in the System??
          Join WAR DRAGONS
          Be part of a TOP International Alliance

Comment

You must change your warbase in the warbase map in the map editor. Else, it will stay in its ORIGINAL state, that is the base you had when you started the game.

Comment

Does anyone else here think that 24 hours for planning is too long? I'd like to see that dropped in half.

Comment

Working...
              X