Saved Troop configurations

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saved Troop configurations

I'd like to be able to save different troop configurations. So if I want to go tank heavy on some battles or troop heavy on another, I can just click on a saved configuration instead of having to manually create my army each time.

Sometimes I like Paratroopers and other times I like having 7 planes. But saving the troop config and tactic configuration for different armies would be great.

What will happen to the troops already trained in barracks or factory?

Comment

Maximus007 your idea is good and there are plenty of posts requiring the same thing. The point is that the way you want it, it does not work simply because you need to train your troop first. What is feasible is that you save your army config and at the time of the training you just select the army you want and the game will put them in for you. For sure you cant have 3 army config ready for war....

Comment

Those are good points. Thank you pointing that out. In my mind, I was thinking that after I lost my troops in a battle, I could say, "wow, those tanks didn't work....now I'll try my Artillery config." So I'd go to my barracks screen and chose Config #3 and the game would clear anyone left in the barracks and build my army that I preconfigured for option #3.

I was not suggesting that I could have 3 different armies ready to go at any time.

Comment

• albynos
          albynos commented
          Editing a comment
          right, "go to my barracks screen and chose Config #3 and the game would clear anyone left in the barracks and START BUILDING my army that I preconfigured for option #3." yeah that works!

Maximus007 if we have to wait for troops to get trained , then tapping few times on screen is not much work . Dont be so lazy

Comment

Originally posted by albynos View Post
          Maximus007 What is feasible is that you save your army config and at the time of the training you just select the army you want and the game will put them in for you. For sure you cant have 3 army config ready for war....
          Yes you can't have 3 troop selections ready for each war but why can't we have them saved?
          Besides, I thought Maximus was saying exactly that. The same way we have 3 base layouts with 2 saved ready for selection why can't we have saved troop configurations ready for war? One click and it's loaded, just like our bases.
          Last edited by King Crimson; 08-29-2019, 04:22 PM.

Comment

• albynos
            albynos commented
            Editing a comment
            that's the point, doing like you said you will have 4 attacks straight without retraining (3 for the slots and one for the free retrain). This is not realistic.

The same way we have 3 base layouts with 2 saved ready for selection why can't we have saved troop configurations ready for war? One click and IT STARTS BUILDING UP YOUR ARMY AGAIN (it's loaded), just like our bases.
            UNQUOTE

• King Crimson
            King Crimson commented
            Editing a comment
            albynos
            Unrealistic? Why?
            Shouldn't the company be encouraging us to play more? They could make it so that we only use the 4 instant retrains once a day so its not abused but l would love 4 instant retrains a day.

• Maximus007
            Maximus007 commented
            Editing a comment
            I would even enjoy extra attacks if I didn't collect resources. I just want to attack.

OK, so I guess I'll directly talk to the two contributors that keep poo-pooing on this idea.

1. At no point did anyone suggest that we would have 4 armies ready for battle. I said the armies would be pre-configured so that I could choose option #1 and the game would build that army without me having to choose - 35 troops, 3 tanks, 2 artillery, 1 health cart, 2 demos, etc... or I could choose option#2 and go 7 artillery, 4 healing carts, 20 ranged infantry, etc. In a perfect world, the game would check your current barrack builds and leave the troops alone that are already built and match your configuration. so if you already have 2 tanks and you want 3, it won't destroy and rebuilt 3 tanks, it will just build 1. Also if you have 35 troops and you choose a config that needs 20, it will remove the extra 15 and leave the 20 alone.

2. Lazy? seriously. I use 3 different army configs. The challenge is not in tapping an icon, the challenge is remembering the exact configuration of 155 troops for 3 different armies. Because it is not easy to remember, I often leave the same army in place for long periods of time.

King Crimson...you get it, just like the Base setup screen.

Comment

I like the idea, but I want troop configuration one for multiplayer and one for world war. I use different troops in multiplayer to minimize resource costs and loot huge resources. in the world war, I use other types of troops to gain 5* star as much as possible.

Comment

Working...
            X