Using Betrayal Tactic to obtain troops as spoils of victory

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Using Betrayal Tactic to obtain troops as spoils of victory

The other day I was participating in an alliance war and during one of the battles something interesting happened. Out of the enemy town center came out 2 helicopters to defend the same. Luckily I had one betrayal Tactic with me so I quickly used that and then rallied my troops together so that the newly captured helicopters are not shot down. After that the battle was a breeze. My helicopters survived until the end of the battle.

Unfortunately dominations does not allow re-using of these newly captured troops. It would be a good idea to allow the same. There may be some tinkering required on troop tactic mechanism and how that affects the auto retrain option but I still think this will include an interesting dynamics within the game.

• Grits
    replied
    I like this idea, with a modification. Historically Betrayal is not the same thing as defecting. They’re merely betraying their country and going against their current policies. So Betrayal should remain just a one time use event.

However, maybe Nexon could develop a new Tactic for us to use, Defection. Defected troops would be added to the town center similar to donated troops but they can only be used for offensive purposes until they are destroyed or you fail to destroy all defensive buildings. Also, there should be a save check against Defection. The higher the level of your opponent would give the unit a higher resistance to the Defection Tactic.

Edit: Regarding the resistance, what I meant by higher level is the number of levels above yours. Equal levels would give the advantage to the attacker and an even greater advantage if the defender is lower.

Maybe 60% chance for successful Defection for equal, 70% if defender is lower, 40% if the defender is higher?
    Last edited by Grits; 05-14-2019, 01:20 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Anant Garg
    commented on 's reply
    I would rather let the developers decide that.. but an option of some kind to keep captured troops would be nice.

• Anant Garg
    commented on 's reply
    Not retrain.. but reuse troops that are captured in battle for next war.

• Uhuru
    replied
    As it is combined with a limit to the capacity of the troops? Should the captured troops take a place in the barracks, or become like a troop card?

Leave a comment:

• Rogue Squirrel
    replied
    I guess it makes some kind of sense - if you capture them then they're yours and you should be able to use them again if they're not destroyed. It could be a fun way for lower level ages to get a few elite troops

Leave a comment:

• Uhuru
    replied
    Yep.. Strange proposal.

Leave a comment:

• albynos
    replied
    ? so do you want to retrain the troop you get during the battle with betrayal?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X