No announcement yet.

Assault tactic is a rebalancing killer

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mate, are you slow? You’re complaining about a tactic — that we don’t have to spend money to use, when yet there are still elephant archers and this new heavy tank troop card that can both, easily five star any base, if used by someone with even minimal attacking skills.

If your base is getting five starred, maybe re-design it…

Comment

Originally posted by Spaceboy View Post
      on what do you use this new tactic ? silo ? I haven't used it yet but after reading this post, it makes me very motivated..I Like the 5* circus a lot !
      upgrade the tactic to level 3.
      create 6 of these tactics and a first aid tactic
      train 30+ bazookas
      use an assault rally every time it expires
      your army now takes only 10% damage while unleashing all hell on the enemy base for about a minute and a half. enough time to destroy everything.
      Victory Chest & League Boat Rewards
      https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

Expedition General Bonus Rewards
      https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

Comment

• Manifesto
        Manifesto commented
        Editing a comment
        You can use it repeatedly?
        I misunderstood. When you said ''use every time it expires'' I thought each tactic has a timer and can be used repeatedly.
        But as a single use tactic it's better to use 6 for wars, yes? I can't see myself using 6 in one mp battle, unless l use instant retrain of course.
        Last edited by Manifesto; 02-01-2019, 04:28 PM. Reason: Better for wars

Videos please! 😍
      Improvise. Adapt. Overcome.
      ​​​​​​

Comment

We might all consider the fact that 2 months later is enough time for people to build up their museum artifacts and now some of the top players are getting 5* again.... just a suggestion.

And yes.... Assault makes Protect worthless imo...
        NATE THE GREAT | 240+ CWA | German
        Stop the cheaters. Listen to your players.
        Give us content not new skins on old units.
        100k Players x $10 >> 5k Players x $100

Comment

• yemen
          yemen commented
          Editing a comment
          In fairness, Nexon had already made protect worthless. This just highlights how bad it is.

Anyone else notice the tactic training bug is back? I have been trying to play with the new tactic but if I log off it does not train the last one. Ipad6

Comment

• Manifesto
          Manifesto commented
          Editing a comment
          Really?
          Great, just what we need!

• Blood
          Blood commented
          Editing a comment
          It happened twice but not every time. So I don’t know. It may have been a freak occurrence and I was just lucky. Will take a few days to know if it’s an issue.

• Excalibur
          Excalibur commented
          Editing a comment
          yes .it is back.but random

Originally posted by StarTrekAlliance View Post
        I agree Horsepower. Sabotage is also too powerful, and Heavy Tanks on offense need to be hamstringed. 5 Stars are once again far too easy which makes for a boring game. How is it fun throwing HTs, Sabotage, and Assault carelessly around the battlefield and then walking away with 5 Stars? Boring.
        You are going to be popular!

Sour grapes make whine.

Comment

Horsepower I don’t agree with you. This game is about and should be about the ability to 5 star bases. Before Nexon made tactics back to 1 spot and some other adjustments the game wasn’t playable and was really frustrating. That’s also where many had quit the game. Because it became less fun. 5 stars are still not guarantee. At least on very high CWA bases (even without 3D defense).

I don’t know what level or game age you are, but you are more than welcome to join us at ARES for a few wars and and friendly challenges to check it out. You can bring all 7 rallies with you if you like and see if you can get 5 stars on every base.

Comment

Having done some more war attacks against level 270 - 290 3D bases, I don't think assault rally is inherently overpowered. I think what it has done is obsolete certain base designs (RIP Rose base), but other designs hold up pretty well. I'm sure we will see some creative new designs come out as well, which is a good thing. It takes skill and timing to use properly, it is not a brainless automatic 5 star. I hope BHG doesn't blindly nerf it based on a few complaints.

Comment

People are slowly starting to use it as a TC sniping tool. By the way, what’s Rose base?

Comment

The rose base has the big box in the middle surrounded by an outer wall with funnels at the corners. It's been very popular for about a year, but it doesn't hold up well anymore.

Comment

I know the team will be looking at its use pretty closely. I've passed on some videos of Assault Rally in action, so the team can see it play out, and see the "under the hood numbers" too. Our goal is to do smaller, more frequent balance updates, so it's possible that this (or other systems) could see changes in the future.
                  Follow Us!
                  Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/thebighugegames/
                  Twitter: @BigHugeGames

Comment

• StarTrekAlliance
                    StarTrekAlliance commented
                    Editing a comment
                    TinSoldier - I think the Assault Tactic is a good idea, but perhaps a bit over powered. I love the idea of being able to execute more complex military maneuvers such as a pincer. You folks are headed in the right direction with this tactic...

• danron1376
                    danron1376 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    hope you have specific numbers about which bases are being attacked, because it seems like the higher cold war bases aren't being attacked or very rarely. it's fine make 5 star victories more rare, but not at the expense of making every base super hard, not matter how developed they are. a max cold war offense shouldn't have that much of a problem with lower end bases. the assault tactic is good and should not be debuffed too much or else we are back to square one with the most powerful bases never even being touched.

Don't change it, I start to like it!
                  Improvise. Adapt. Overcome.
                  ​​​​​​

Comment

I believe this tactic ruined by far the overall attempt of balancing the offense/defense that was done few months ago. The game was perfect now, with a full defense doing its purpose, since u can get full ofense pretty quickly but the defense takes ages to evolve, and a simple tatic just comes and ruin all those changes in a matter of seconds. Attacks are now easier and faster than ever before, and honestly from my point a 5 start victory in a full CWA base shoulnd by half as easy as it it now. Hope the dev team fix this ASAP cause i been seeing global age players 5staring CWA as if it was butter.

Comment

• Blood
                      Blood commented
                      Editing a comment
                      The tactic is not allowing global’s to 5 star cwa’s. Those players are cheating. Every time something new comes out a few people scream it’s op because they saw x smash x but they completely ignore the huge cheating community.

5 stars are still not guaranteed against a level 300+ CWA with good design and University research/museum boosts. Troops can still be slowed down by defending troops to prevent the QV. But sometimes it is surprisingly easy to destroy a base quickly with this tactic.
                    Bad Rabbits. We hop, you drop. Adults 25+

Comment

New update makes assault tactic even more powerful .do I see a trend here by nexon to get us to upgrade a tactic using crowns and then later nerf it .like with decoy etc ...come on nexon

Comment

• Manifesto
                        Manifesto commented
                        Editing a comment
                        You upgrade yours with crowns?
                        I use food.
                    Working...
                    X