X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ezwat5280
    started a topic MUSEUM finer point?

MUSEUM finer point?

I am a relative newbie (EA with 800 medals). It seems like the museum is a resource drain and is not very cost effective. Then again, I am new so it is prolly operator error.

ANY suggestions on how to best utilize the museum would be GREATLY appreciated
    thanks in advance

• No Angel
    commented on 's reply
    Manifesto : Yes 😊

• Manifesto
    commented on 's reply
    ''Drop medals, skip good bases, raze down rushed/abandoned bases, or if you need oil only, wall miners and raiders, skip well defended refineries, attack weakly defended ones''
    Ok, you think these actions don't require lots of skill but l think these actions make my point.
    Regardless of how little skill is involved, all these actions are players actually going out and 'making the effort', which was the crux of my original comment. The museum just adds some cream on the top for the lucky few.

• Manifesto
    commented on 's reply
    ''Our gameplay/main activities come first, then after that we could start messing with the museum, not the other way''
    You mean players should rely on themselves first and the museum 2nd? πŸ˜„

• sileepuppee
    replied
    I'm all about keeping the stats hidden (At first) but I'd want them revealed once the battle is over whether MP or war. Mainly just for my sanity because everything else in the game gets hacked so why wouldn't they be able to hack the percentages of artifacts? That might be what hackers are doing to allow industrials and lower to kill maxed 3D cwa bases.

Leave a comment:

• KniferX
    commented on 's reply
    The example you're giving is of people adding layers of complexity and skill to the grind process because it is exactly that, boring when done too much and repetitive, so they try to make it different. That doesn't take away the fact that the most effective method of resource aquisition is about a couple of simple courses of action that do not have lots to do with skill.
    Drop medals, skip good bases, raze down rushed/abandoned bases, or if you need oil only, wall miners and raiders, skip well defended refineries, attack weakly defended ones.
    You say ''if you're lucky to get x loot bonus you can get by without skill'', which isn't true, skill is not much present either way. The museum user just gets to do less repeats of the actions mentioned above to get the same amount of resources.

P.S. After a paradigm shift through the rebalance and abandoning my second account, the game has become more enjoyable. I've simultaneously gained better offense, Amelia finished (and about to go CWA in the rush), NTG gain increased and resource rewards through the dominations bonus + yes, the lucky museum loot artifacts, means I have to attack less to get the needed resources. The game comfortably sits as a side hobby (which it was meant to be all along when you look at the build and upgrade times of everything) to be played a small bit every day, and then a burst of 2-3 hours of gameplay for an event or upgrade when necessary. Mostly satisfied now and looking forward to CWA.

• No Angel
    replied
    People, our op guy here is enlightenment age and still finding his own way. He, however, has found that the museum is resource drain (I would say not a resource drain, but rather ''time consuming''). Museum will work perfectly for those who have stable gameplay, which means they have found different army combo that work, how to adjust to game changes etc etc etc, not to those who are crawling up, cause they will have to learn to walk themselves, like a baby right? Babies crawl and learn to walk on their own, parents only help them 😊 Jeez why this analogy came to my mind though πŸ˜† !
    So we should corelate the museum situation for our op guy, not only to ourselves ok? πŸ˜‰
    Our gameplay/main activities come first, then after that we could start messing with the museum, not the other way, aka. "Oh let's spend some time crafting so we could wait for our rss to fill themselves" . But that's just me, and the op, others may have different perspectives 😊

​​​​​​Ps. I speak as a ftp player; never compare ourselves to the spenders, yes they do deserve a better gameplay for spending.
    Last edited by No Angel; 01-11-2019, 03:32 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Manifesto
    commented on 's reply
    @KniferX
    I don't think getting rss is about grinding at all. Sure, it feels that way sometimes, but smart players would use their skill to adapt and try/learn new strategies, new combos, even before the . Don't you think that comes under the definition of skill/ability? If most players don't have the luxury of museum bonuses, don't you think they have to rely on themselves?
    In any case, my original point stands, which was the crux of my comment. Your argument is that skill doesn't get rss, which is partly true, imo, but not something l said. My original comment was players should not 'rely' on bonuses to get rss, they should develop their skills first.

Ps: you always talk about war and grinding. Can l suggest you stop warring if it's such a bore? I don't and I'm still enjoying the game.

• KniferX
    commented on 's reply
    Manifesto, you left out some of my sentence here (the sentence in brackets). I agree it is unfair for a lot of players who didn't have the chance to get it. But you keep talking about skill even though I explained in the original comment. Collecting resources is not about skill, but about patience and tolerating the grind. I'm correcting you, since you are missusing the term skill.

• No Angel
    commented on 's reply
    Storage please πŸ˜•
    Maybe separate storage for each hall?
    Or... Reduce the crown cost 😜

• Manifesto
    commented on 's reply
    ''What the museum did was give was give players a method to reduce the time investment and grind needed''

KniferX , l would agree with you if EVERY player got the same benefit. But they didn't because it's a lottery. So what the museum did was give a lucky few an advantage because they got there first or they got lucky.
    What, then, do you suggest the others do? Buy legendary artefacts? Constantly re-roll? I'm sure Nexon would love that.
    So what do the majority of players who weren't lucky do? Guess they have to rely on matches and their skill at getting rss without the luck of artifacts.
    The museum is not fair across the board therefore players shouldn't be relying on it because the odds are against them getting anything good. What does that leave them?
    I guess all they have left then is mp matches and their skill.
    I'm not against people using museum bonuses, l get it. I've got 55% oil bonus including my Brit bonus but I've only had the museum for a few months, I've been playing without it for 3 years. I wonder how l managed to get to CW without the museum?
    Relying on the museum instead of improving your skills is the wrong approach, whether you agree or not.

And l never said a player that uses the museum lacks skill, l said players shouldn't rely on the museum, they should be relying on their skill.
    It's a simple idea: your ability first and any other bonus second. Whats so wrong with that concept?
    But maybe some people prefer to put luck over effort.
    Last edited by Manifesto; 01-11-2019, 03:37 AM.

• KniferX
    commented on 's reply
    I couldn't disagree more.

The most effective method to gaining resources right now is destroying bases in lower medal ranges. Low to no losses, domination bonus, NTGs, event completion. Doesn't require a lot of skill in attacking, but what it does require is patience and time, because it is a repetitive and grindy procedure for the most part.

What the museum did was give players (unfortunately partly ruined after the update that gave jewelry and pottery more stats) a method to reduce the time investment and grind needed. It is more choice for the player. A player looking to reduce what he perceives as grind can equip resource looting jewelry, while a player who enjoys attacking can equip army boosting jewelry. This is not these players "lacking skills".

Skill is something like being able to properly plan and execute a war attack on a tough base.
    Please don't mix up these things.

• Manifesto
    commented on 's reply
    Very nice, even without bonuses.

• Black tiger
    commented on 's reply
    I agree that the museum could be great. Ignoring the p2w aspect, I think it’s just the interface/way to interact with it that makes it a pain and the invisibility of the stats that steals its thunder. Overall a good idea that adds depth to the game... hoping the interface gets reworked in the future.

The hidden stats undermine the realism that otherwise embodies the game.

• albynos
    replied
    In my opinion museum works well, the point is that at the beginning, before adding the ww artifacts, there were many more artifacts with 11% bonuses instead of now. Honestly I filled up my museum with the initial artifacts that now are almost at 20% so I find useless to keep creating new artifacts that in no way can replace my previous ones.
    So two chances:
    - rebalance the artifacts bonues, maybe using different % (es.8% as starting point)
    - use more frame to build more effective artifacts

any other idea is welcommed

Leave a comment:

Working...
X