An easy way for Nexon to fix the pay2win issue AND keep everyone happy

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• An easy way for Nexon to fix the pay2win issue AND keep everyone happy

Sadly the issues with pay2win alliances are here to stay, and given Nexon is a business I dont blame them. There is an easy solution that would ensure the many of us who hate playing pay2win alliances would be happy and Nexon will keep making money off pay2win alliances.
    When you go to start a new war you have two options to choose from; war with card troops or war with out them.
    If you choose the 'war with card troops' option then the war behaves exactly as it does now, both alliances can use card troops on offence and defence.
    If you choose the 'war without card troops' then the ability to use card troops on offence and defence is disabled.
    Having this option would allow alliances that have no intention of ever paying for cards to happily war with likeminded alliances while the pay2win alliances can go nuts against each other. I actually think it would increase Nexon's revenue as the need to pay for the best cards would be greater because both alliances are using cards against each other.
    As a way to incentivise alliances to keep using troop cards then maybe the glory is half of what it is normally is if you use the 'no troop cards' option. I suspect most alliances would happily forgo some glory if if meant playing in a fair, skill based war, which lets face it is the one thing most of us want from our wars!
    I'd be interested to know people's thoughts and get Nexon's feedback......

• Anteras
    replied
    One issue with the OP's suggestion is that if you divide the players into two separate WW queues, matchmaking takes that much longer - which could result in players quitting or never joining the "P2W" queue.

Leave a comment:

• EywaTheUnknown
    replied
    It's too late, the game is ruined. We just lost another easy win due to every stronghold being loaded. **** you Nexon.

Leave a comment:

• poop_
    replied
    I am pretty sure anyone who pays now would rather not pay. People generally like to keep their money.

You might only have a handful of alliances or players who would want to compete with paying.

People buy cards now because they feel they have to because the other side is, and the other side buys cards because they also feel they have to. It is a bit silly really.

Making money when people can spend to save time is the way to go. I think it is just important for Nexon to find the right balance for what that is. Obviously people have different values they put on their time. But, if you make everything available for non paying players that is available for paying players, but one takes time and one takes money, and you find the right time duration and right price.

I do think there are a large number of players who used to pay and now don't because they feel frustrated with some aspects of the game. Sometimes fixing things that seem to not give an immediate paycheck might seem worthless, but in the long run, keeping your customers is the most important.

Nexon has a lot of things to work on and fix. I think in their last few updates, there have been some good things.

BUT, I think the biggest problem is that Nexon developers don't play this game like we do, so they don't know this game like we do, and they don't consult us before implementing something new (or at the very least know which advice from players to listen to).

Leave a comment:

• Manifesto
    replied
    Originally posted by Lord P View Post
    I suspect most alliances would happily forgo some glory if if meant playing in a fair, skill based war, which lets face it is the one thing most of us want from our wars!
    Really? Are you sure?
    Assuming people don't P2W, you still use defensive and offensive coalitions right? Why, because it gives you an advantage. You still top up your alliance members with howitzers. Why, because it gives you an advantage. Other bases do and think the same.
    If people really wanted fair wars no-one would add any bonuses and it would really be a case of ''my base-design-plus-researches-vs-your-tactical-skills-plus-researches''.
    THAT would be a fair, skill based war.
    In war, 'fair' means my troops come home, screw the other guy.

Ps: I don't buy cards but I do use my dock a lot!
    Last edited by Manifesto; 09-16-2017, 03:45 PM.

Leave a comment:

• poop_
    commented on 's reply
    I think the difference you are debating is what people consider winning. Whether winning is reaching the highest level or winning is beating your opponent in world wars, medals etc.

I think the game aims at evenly matching opponents (they struggle with this a bit in World War matchmaking but ignore that for now). So, if you advance faster, you just get matched with harder opponents.

If the game was different and anyone could get matched with anyone, then advancing faster would give you an advantage in winning. But, that is not the case.

So, what people are complaining about is that when you get matched, players can buy extras that give them an advantage (and those extras were not included in determining the match). Some think this is unfair and not fun.

If people advance faster, it doesn't effect my ability to win.

• poop_
    commented on 's reply
    But, you also need to remember that the estate allows players to advance faster. When players advance faster, then they demand new content which is then more work for the developers (who I assume want to get paid for the work they do).

I am not saying that you are wrong. You may still be right, but there are things that nexon has to balance. Whether they are balancing it correctly is the debate.

I do see a lot of estates though. Seems a lot of people bought them. In the end, the estate is the best investment in the game (if you want to advance more quickly). That house you bought, you just bought it early. Otherwise you would get the first starter pack house in gunpowder and then 2nd starter pack house in industrial.

• poop_
    commented on 's reply
    Sorry, one more question, have you ever faced a target with 4 elephant archer troop cards in the SH?

• poop_
    commented on 's reply
    What age are you and in what alliance?

• benjieland
    replied
    The teams are composed of players who invest in their city (troop card, house of the domain or crowns) or other not, or who do it from time to time

the teams will not divide

the posibility to buy with rubies balance very well things even if you do not like

crowns, troop cards, extra house, are part of the game

Leave a comment:

• Bigbrother
    replied
    Great Idea, Maybe x10 war loot for P2W world war battles. That's worth.

Leave a comment:

• LordJestix
    commented on 's reply
    CoC makes money multitudes more than nexon/bhg and they dont have p2w in their game....hmm

• VictorDominations
    replied
    Originally posted by Lord P View Post
    Sadly the issues with pay2win alliances are here to stay, and given Nexon is a business I dont blame them. There is an easy solution that would ensure the many of us who hate playing pay2win alliances would be happy and Nexon will keep making money off pay2win alliances.
    When you go to start a new war you have two options to choose from; war with card troops or war with out them.
    If you choose the 'war with card troops' option then the war behaves exactly as it does now, both alliances can use card troops on offence and defence.
    If you choose the 'war without card troops' then the ability to use card troops on offence and defence is disabled.
    Having this option would allow alliances that have no intention of ever paying for cards to happily war with likeminded alliances while the pay2win alliances can go nuts against each other. I actually think it would increase Nexon's revenue as the need to pay for the best cards would be greater because both alliances are using cards against each other.
    As a way to incentivise alliances to keep using troop cards then maybe the glory is half of what it is normally is if you use the 'no troop cards' option. I suspect most alliances would happily forgo some glory if if meant playing in a fair, skill based war, which lets face it is the one thing most of us want from our wars!
    I'd be interested to know people's thoughts and get Nexon's feedback......
    I think it's a great idea! And I'm talking as a top 10 alliance member. I personally hate the p2w aspect and prefer the old days where no troop cards or SH were made but only pure abilities were involved.
    but the problem with this awesome idea is less than a month after they release this option, there will be no "wars with troop cards" since no alliance will be able to find a match and everyone will be doing no cards wars, the half glory will become the standard and that's it. So for how long do you think it will hold if Nexon won't get paid as before? Don't get me wrong, I'll be the first to write 1,000,000 times thank you Nexon if they disable the p2w. But unfortunately it don't see it coming even if in the far future. I hope I'm wrong.

Leave a comment:

• Bedlam
    replied
    I've never understood how people are so shocked that nexon wants to make money.

Leave a comment:

• SiuYin
    replied
    Originally posted by LordJestix View Post

Time is money sure, but one can be acquired for free($) while the other REQUIRES you to use your $.

P2W and P2Advance are two entirely different things.

Sure does it suck that others have a lot more money and can advance faster than you, yeah, BUT i can still get everything they paid to get faster. What i cannot get is "unlimited" supplies of elephant archers.

Let me repeat, Time is money. P2W is not only applied to buying troop card, it also valid in buying time.

P2W means use money to get some advantage in game, which including buying troop card, but not limit to buying troop card.

If you look into expense of a (heavy Paid)P2W player, He would spend more than 500K crown in max defense and university.
    If look into university only, it is likely 300K, while Elephant Archer cost you 400 crowns only.

And Now, you should understand why I say University is number 1 P2W feature, while troop card is nothing compare with it

I am fine that there is some P2W features, and I am fine that these features allow you to beat player in same level but don't pay

ie, I am fine that pay to rush, but free player should allow to complete 80% of upgrade when new age come, but under current time scale, free player only able to complete 30% or less, the gap become larger and larger when new age come ( and that's why each new age introduced, a lot of player quit)
    Last edited by SiuYin; 09-13-2017, 07:42 PM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X