Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

An easy way for Nexon to fix the pay2win issue AND keep everyone happy

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • An easy way for Nexon to fix the pay2win issue AND keep everyone happy

    Sadly the issues with pay2win alliances are here to stay, and given Nexon is a business I dont blame them. There is an easy solution that would ensure the many of us who hate playing pay2win alliances would be happy and Nexon will keep making money off pay2win alliances.
    When you go to start a new war you have two options to choose from; war with card troops or war with out them.
    If you choose the 'war with card troops' option then the war behaves exactly as it does now, both alliances can use card troops on offence and defence.
    If you choose the 'war without card troops' then the ability to use card troops on offence and defence is disabled.
    Having this option would allow alliances that have no intention of ever paying for cards to happily war with likeminded alliances while the pay2win alliances can go nuts against each other. I actually think it would increase Nexon's revenue as the need to pay for the best cards would be greater because both alliances are using cards against each other.
    As a way to incentivise alliances to keep using troop cards then maybe the glory is half of what it is normally is if you use the 'no troop cards' option. I suspect most alliances would happily forgo some glory if if meant playing in a fair, skill based war, which lets face it is the one thing most of us want from our wars!
    I'd be interested to know people's thoughts and get Nexon's feedback......

  • #2
    That is an absolutely great idea. I love it! Pure skills

    Comment


    • #3
      Awesome idea fully support it.

      But theres a problem.
      People who p2w dont want a fair match. Thats why they are paying to win.
      They want to vs bases who dont pay so they have an edge over them
      As much as i dont agree with my next statement its true.

      People wont spend money to win if its a fair match up. Cause lets be real they dont have skill and have mindset of children. So when they pay money they get a handicap. And then they think spending money is actually worth it.
      Most boring way 2 play but hey if they are dumb enough to spend nexon are smart enough to take.
      WARZONE is a heavy hitting alliance if your industrial age and above your more then welcome to join a great alliance with great people.

      Comment


      • #4
        No. 1 p2w feature in game is University but not troop card.
        Free Player / Light Payer able to get a few troop from actives, but never able to catch up the University Progress.
        One of the most important way to counter P2W player is troop card when attack.

        When troop card banned, it doesn't means you will be same level as p2w player, you are still lag behind in university research.



        Comment


        • #5
          Great idea. Slap 2x war loot for P2W ww option and nobody will cmplain

          Comment


          • #6
            SiuYin University is not P2W. It can be achieved through gameplay only albeit slowly. Premium troop cards cannot be obtained however hard you play. Howies in SH, Elephant archers, bazooka tower sales etc.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by SiuYin View Post
              No. 1 p2w feature in game is University but not troop card.
              Free Player / Light Payer able to get a few troop from actives, but never able to catch up the University Progress.
              One of the most important way to counter P2W player is troop card when attack.

              When troop card banned, it doesn't means you will be same level as p2w player, you are still lag behind in university research.


              Not even close. Look at university just like your base. You have to decide how you want to use your resources(workers) to build the most balanced base or if you just want to rush. The only thing the university did was give us more stuff to do thus taking more time to max out a base.

              Lets look at this for example.

              2 Fully Maxed out bases with maxed out research. They are in a war vs each other. One player has 4 elephant archers in his SH and also has 4 for his attack. The other guy has none in his sh and a few random troop cards to use on his attack. Guess what, the guy that is P2W will do better vs the other guy.

              Everyone is on equal footing with the university as it can all be acquired over time but im not getting max elephant archers to use in every war.

              Lord P sorry but this wont work. AS someone else mentioned people use the cards to have advantage over those that dont. They would effectivly kill off p2w because 95% of the player base would choose the no card wars.

              And i will continue to repeat myself. They do NOT need p2w to make money.

              Comment


              • #8
                Great idea and it was already suggested ,but I can tell you why it will never see daylight - first and foremost Nexon make everything in last 9 months or so to ensure pay2win direction and if this with or without cards option is there skilled alliances will climb up on leaderboard and and this one who's depends on their wallets will not be happy .At this moment majority of Nexon income is from whales (why? because Normal players stopped to throw money) Population shrinks with scary tempo ,and things went well beyond repairable ,so this is the only direction that Nexon can keeps moving .At this moment we have spenders , people that play this game 1+ year ,and almost no fresh blood .This one who plays 1+ year feels attached to their accounts (but we keep losing them) I personally play this game for almost 2 years ,and it's Abit hard for me to just drop it (but it is a question of time) .I did not believe that they can sink so low ....but obviously there's no bottom .
                Last edited by Evningcome; 09-13-2017, 04:57 AM.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by LordJestix View Post

                  Not even close. Look at university just like your base. You have to decide how you want to use your resources(workers) to build the most balanced base or if you just want to rush. The only thing the university did was give us more stuff to do thus taking more time to max out a base.

                  Lets look at this for example.

                  2 Fully Maxed out bases with maxed out research. They are in a war vs each other. One player has 4 elephant archers in his SH and also has 4 for his attack. The other guy has none in his sh and a few random troop cards to use on his attack. Guess what, the guy that is P2W will do better vs the other guy.

                  Everyone is on equal footing with the university as it can all be acquired over time but im not getting max elephant archers to use in every war.

                  Lord P sorry but this wont work. AS someone else mentioned people use the cards to have advantage over those that dont. They would effectivly kill off p2w because 95% of the player base would choose the no card wars.

                  And i will continue to repeat myself. They do NOT need p2w to make money.
                  Time is money, my friend.

                  with same gaming hour, one with max base, but other will only be IA defense with no university research
                  It is larger gap compare with troop card

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Your logic is super flawed. Time to advance is not pay to win. Buying troops to defend/attack is. One can be obtained over time. The other only through money.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by SiuYin View Post

                      Time is money, my friend.

                      with same gaming hour, one with max base, but other will only be IA defense with no university research
                      It is larger gap compare with troop card
                      Time is money sure, but one can be acquired for free($) while the other REQUIRES you to use your $.

                      P2W and P2Advance are two entirely different things.

                      Sure does it suck that others have a lot more money and can advance faster than you, yeah, BUT i can still get everything they paid to get faster. What i cannot get is "unlimited" supplies of elephant archers.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Jesus, this forum is filled with whiners to the brink.


                        This is a free to play game, with OBVIOUS p2w features that most often are REALLY not that impactful.

                        When people keep whining about p2w, and Bazooka towers, and elephant archers, and whatnot, which of course are relevant, they forget a number of things nexon implanted to reduce p2w importance:

                        1 - Rubies: with rubies you get the chance to obtain troop cards for absolute free.

                        2 - Marco polo: other than rubies, you may ALSO trade Crowns for troops

                        3 - New dock change gives us new and practical ways to obtain troops

                        4 - Upcoming Castle changes also benefit hardcore players because just like SH, now you cannot fully stop upgraded generals from coming out.


                        Frankly, we fight at 20-22k glory and p2w is nowhere near an issue. Let's all remember that nexon is actually a company and NOT your godmothers, so they do need to get paid.

                        Comment


                        • poop_
                          poop_ commented
                          Editing a comment
                          What age are you and in what alliance?

                        • poop_
                          poop_ commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Sorry, one more question, have you ever faced a target with 4 elephant archer troop cards in the SH?

                      • #13
                        Originally posted by lettucefolk View Post
                        Jesus, this forum is filled with whiners to the brink.


                        This is a free to play game, with OBVIOUS p2w features that most often are REALLY not that impactful.

                        When people keep whining about p2w, and Bazooka towers, and elephant archers, and whatnot, which of course are relevant, they forget a number of things nexon implanted to reduce p2w importance:

                        1 - Rubies: with rubies you get the chance to obtain troop cards for absolute free.

                        2 - Marco polo: other than rubies, you may ALSO trade Crowns for troops

                        3 - New dock change gives us new and practical ways to obtain troops

                        4 - Upcoming Castle changes also benefit hardcore players because just like SH, now you cannot fully stop upgraded generals from coming out.


                        Frankly, we fight at 20-22k glory and p2w is nowhere near an issue. Let's all remember that nexon is actually a company and NOT your godmothers, so they do need to get paid.
                        Yes but 90pct of player base is free 2 play players.
                        Too much implementation of p2win will make free players stop playing. Then the paying players will have no competition to vs then they will stop aswell. Meaning dominations could crash into the ground and be just a memory.
                        We are not whinging! We want to keep playing dominations. But how nexon were going dominations was on path for self destruction. We want to keep dominations alive! It seems as the devs are listening to some point. Last few updates the p2win aspect has indeed shrunk. Its still there but nowere near as bad as it was months ago. This is a good thing!

                        They need to get paid is ridiculous. Cash of clans is the highest grossing app for this type of game with no p2win aspect. They would make MORE money in the long run keeping MORE players playing in a fair enviroment rather than push 90pct of players away. This is basic marketing and if you cant see my point of view then you need to go back to school.

                        Estate for example. Set at $67 aud.

                        Lets say 1 out of 1000 buy it. 100 000 people = $67,000

                        But if it was $20 aud a fair and reasonable price alot more people would buy in return of price drop profits will rise due to inflation of purchasing.

                        100 out of 1000 buy the estate 100,000 people = $200,000

                        I know this because almost everyone in my allaince bought the house package immeditaly when it was $20. The estate? Only i have bought it and no1 else has.

                        In short greed amounts to less profits.
                        Last edited by DaZTroYeR; 09-13-2017, 03:24 PM.
                        WARZONE is a heavy hitting alliance if your industrial age and above your more then welcome to join a great alliance with great people.

                        Comment


                        • LordJestix
                          LordJestix commented
                          Editing a comment
                          I would have purchased it a long time ago if it was $20.

                        • poop_
                          poop_ commented
                          Editing a comment
                          But, you also need to remember that the estate allows players to advance faster. When players advance faster, then they demand new content which is then more work for the developers (who I assume want to get paid for the work they do).

                          I am not saying that you are wrong. You may still be right, but there are things that nexon has to balance. Whether they are balancing it correctly is the debate.

                          I do see a lot of estates though. Seems a lot of people bought them. In the end, the estate is the best investment in the game (if you want to advance more quickly). That house you bought, you just bought it early. Otherwise you would get the first starter pack house in gunpowder and then 2nd starter pack house in industrial.

                      • #14
                        Originally posted by lettucefolk View Post
                        Jesus, this forum is filled with whiners to the brink.


                        This is a free to play game, with OBVIOUS p2w features that most often are REALLY not that impactful.

                        When people keep whining about p2w, and Bazooka towers, and elephant archers, and whatnot, which of course are relevant, they forget a number of things nexon implanted to reduce p2w importance:

                        1 - Rubies: with rubies you get the chance to obtain troop cards for absolute free.

                        2 - Marco polo: other than rubies, you may ALSO trade Crowns for troops

                        3 - New dock change gives us new and practical ways to obtain troops

                        4 - Upcoming Castle changes also benefit hardcore players because just like SH, now you cannot fully stop upgraded generals from coming out.


                        Frankly, we fight at 20-22k glory and p2w is nowhere near an issue. Let's all remember that nexon is actually a company and NOT your godmothers, so they do need to get paid.
                        I find your 4th point comical. The change to SH and now the castle is going to make the need of p2w even more. People are going to need more cards to counter having to fight 3 generals.

                        Point 2, using crowns is the same as buying them with money, but actually worse because its cheaper to buy outright with money.

                        Point 2 and 3, by no way can a person sustain a 36 cards/week that a p2w guy can do. Not only that but the cards you get are no where near as strong as the cards that people buy outright.

                        Comment


                        • Manifesto
                          Manifesto commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Or people can just kill the already-damaged Generals with shooters, like they do now, yes?

                      • #15
                        Originally posted by LordJestix View Post

                        Time is money sure, but one can be acquired for free($) while the other REQUIRES you to use your $.

                        P2W and P2Advance are two entirely different things.

                        Sure does it suck that others have a lot more money and can advance faster than you, yeah, BUT i can still get everything they paid to get faster. What i cannot get is "unlimited" supplies of elephant archers.

                        Let me repeat, Time is money. P2W is not only applied to buying troop card, it also valid in buying time.

                        P2W means use money to get some advantage in game, which including buying troop card, but not limit to buying troop card.

                        If you look into expense of a (heavy Paid)P2W player, He would spend more than 500K crown in max defense and university.
                        If look into university only, it is likely 300K, while Elephant Archer cost you 400 crowns only.

                        And Now, you should understand why I say University is number 1 P2W feature, while troop card is nothing compare with it


                        I am fine that there is some P2W features, and I am fine that these features allow you to beat player in same level but don't pay

                        ie, I am fine that pay to rush, but free player should allow to complete 80% of upgrade when new age come, but under current time scale, free player only able to complete 30% or less, the gap become larger and larger when new age come ( and that's why each new age introduced, a lot of player quit)
                        Last edited by SiuYin; 09-13-2017, 07:42 PM.

                        Comment


                        • poop_
                          poop_ commented
                          Editing a comment
                          I think the difference you are debating is what people consider winning. Whether winning is reaching the highest level or winning is beating your opponent in world wars, medals etc.

                          I think the game aims at evenly matching opponents (they struggle with this a bit in World War matchmaking but ignore that for now). So, if you advance faster, you just get matched with harder opponents.

                          If the game was different and anyone could get matched with anyone, then advancing faster would give you an advantage in winning. But, that is not the case.

                          So, what people are complaining about is that when you get matched, players can buy extras that give them an advantage (and those extras were not included in determining the match). Some think this is unfair and not fun.

                          If people advance faster, it doesn't effect my ability to win.
                      Working...
                      X