X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kaiser Shag View Post
    Dr.Beercules I don't agree.
    Take for a example a WW 20 vs 20, one team has 10 atomic and 10 global, the other has 10 global and 10 industrial (always maxed bases). The second team has a real disadvantage and will probably loose. However if they win it's a great performance. Thus a victory should make them win let's say 400 glory. However if they loose it would be unfair if they loose 400 against a way stronger opponent.
    Sadly the glory disparity is in the other direction 9 times out of 10. This has happened to my alliance every war for the last month. We get seriously overmatched, then lose a boatload of glory because the other team is a bunch of sandbaggers.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountainking View Post
      Seriously, remove bottom 30% in war matching and be done with it. No clue why they continue to 'find' a solution for extreme lack of fairplay those losers are resorting to. In any case, discouting bottom 30-35% will not change anything to players experience. It will discourage bagging big time and definetely NOT hurt diverse alliances.
      This is the first good solution ive seen to this problem. Nexon needs to adopt this immediately, and put a stop to the cheaters/sandbaggers.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountainking View Post
        Seriously, remove bottom 30% in war matching and be done with it. No clue why they continue to 'find' a solution for extreme lack of fairplay those losers are resorting to. In any case, discouting bottom 30-35% will not change anything to players experience. It will discourage bagging big time and definetely NOT hurt diverse alliances.
        Could not agree more. It was one of the first suggested community solutions, and the most logical, easy to implement solutions that has almost zero downside. Cant believe they're still trying to implement something more complicated.
        Proud member of ProdigalThieves

Comment

In 20-20 war i am the number 1 in my team. My recommended target is the number 10... numbers 18 19 and 20 are between 20-25lvl. I wanted to ask all the members of this forum ,since nexon has fixed the sandbagging issue and in new matchmaking system it doesn't count level and age but only strength how its possible to face a team which her number 10 to be in the same strength to number 1 of the other team?? Numbers 1-9 are way stronger than my base.

Comment

Sandbagging has NOT been fixed!! Here is a snapshot of the XLS i made to clearly show what many here have been talking about.

Although Tin has made a case for Level & Age not being critical metrics... well... I call BS! Clearly an average Global player (with TANKS) is going to roll an average Enlightenment player (with horses)! Tin's arguments are edge-cases at best.

I initiated this War earlier today. I have told my Dragonfury members to abstain from this War.

Comment

Hello Guys,
              TinSoldier, @Nb4powerup We have been pushed into a extremely unmatched war

My alliance Indias' Elite is up against UR2. The pictures of their lineup against ours looks like this

continued..........

Comment

On the other hand my alliance lineup looks like this
                How on earth is this a fair matchmaking. Further, the glory allocation is a joke. We stand to loose more than what we stand to earn. It clearly looks like the current matchmaking system is broke and not doing a good job at making 1+2 =3. instead it reads it as 1*2 = 2.
                You are ditching the very community of players who support this game, by taking no action at all. We had requested for this war to be cancelled and a simple message be sent to both alliances that the "match was broken as it was unfair, and we could start another war to get a fair match", But u guys dont even want to consider that.

If u feel this match is a fair match, any one of you kindly come forward and suggest a strategy to win it.

I feel extremely disappointed to have been let down by the game developers who enjoy the support of such a awesome and active community, which is willing to discuss, provide solutions, share info, work together, and at times pain just to keep the experience of game play fair and fun for all involved.

I hope u look into this matter with concern, because slowly but surely its making the fan community lose faith in the game and its developers.

Regards,
                Martyr

Comment

Another extremely horrible matchup with sandbaggers. Our average is 135.3. Theirs is 160.1. We stand to win 191 glory and lose 588. TinSoldier How is this a fair matchup?

Canada Prime

1 - AT Level 212 (King Wyndham)
                  2 - AT Level 201 (Jimmy)
                  3 - AT Level 194 (AMIT)
                  4 - AT Level 188 (Grimwal)
                  5 - AT Level 182 (Valar Doharis)
                  6 - GL Level 178 (Sam)
                  7 - GL Level 174 (Ryan the Great)
                  8 - AT Level 173 (BigDaddy2953)
                  9 - GL Level 156 (Sargon)
                  10 - IA Level 163 (CORNA)
                  11 - GL Level 141 (Lakeside)
                  12 - IA Level 109 (Jonny)
                  13 - IA Level 104 (varun)
                  14 - EA Level 67 (Tee)
                  15 - Ir. A Level 18 (duke kw)

Dominion Elite

1 - GL Level 183 (ScubaSteve)
                  2 - AT Level 169 (odin)
                  3 - GL Level 180 (Wild Weasel)
                  4 - IA Level 162 (Thunder)
                  5 - IA Level 175 (Kaz)
                  6 - AT Level 164 (Rung)
                  7 - IA Level 117 (Hugh Jass)
                  8 - IA Level 137 (Nick)
                  9 - EA Level 124 (ADI)
                  10 - EA Level 138 (The Conquerer)
                  11 - GL Level 148 (Lightning)
                  12 - IA Level 101 (Mikey)
                  13 - EA Level 104 (Empire III)
                  14 - GP Level 73 (***WARRIOR***)
                  15 - GP Level 54 (Criss)

Dominion Elite

Average = 135.3

Canada Prime (with fillers)

Average = 160.1

Canada Prime (without fillers)

Average = 150.7
                  Last edited by Empire; 09-11-2017, 08:29 PM.
                  Dominion Elite is accepting new members. You can also consider joining Dominion Admins, Dominion Legion, Dominion Jedis, Dominion Empire, DominionRaiders, or Dominion Stars.

Visit our thread: Dominion Family of Alliances

All Dominion alliances are connected via the Line chat app. Add my ID 'empire25' on the LINE app to join our alliances and our chat groups.

Comment

I think all alliances should not participate in world wars until this matchup problem is corrected. If we do not stop this will never be resolved.

Comment

• martyr
                      martyr commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I completely agree. The problem seems to have worsened in recent months. Most of the active members post pictures of wars when their alliance has been matched against a significantly higher/stronger alliance. Imagine, if we post pictures of times when our own alliance what the significantly stronger alliance against a weaker opponent. Together, the numbers of wrongly matched wars would come out to be very high.

In approximately 1/10 wars we have been matched against a comparable opponent. that presents a 10% correct match ratio. This is very poor figure.

• I don't give a rat's as about glory points, it was another worthless "improvement" to the game that took away enjoyment from casual alliances that played for fun. Now, all my alliance seems to play anymore are sandbagging alliances that pay to win, although that's not really necessary since lately our topped rank guys ( 3 industrial ) seem to face atomic aged opponents. Domination is very, very close to jumping the shark, unless the greedy game makers do an emergency patch to fix this mess I see people dropping out in droves.

Comment

• Empire
                      Empire commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I don't care about glory either. But its no fun to lose wars to these sandbaggers and people who fill their strongholds with overpowered Elephant Archers, which btw Nexon is selling. Matchmaking is completely messed up and all alliances are facing the brunt of it.

• After a few weeks of having fewer sandbaggers, we're facing them frequently again. Bringing undeveloped accounts to war in order to manipulate your competition strength remains more rewarding than almost any other strategy in almost any situation. Unbelievable that its gone on for a year now.....when they could have so easily just taken out the bottom 25% of war rosters for the matching calculation.
                    Proud member of ProdigalThieves

Comment

• Vixen
                      Vixen commented
                      Editing a comment
                      40% sandbagging... they will lose! Plus they will lose team members because no-one enjoys hitting bags

• S_How
                      S_How commented
                      Editing a comment
                      This is not accurate Knifer. There is already an effective penalty in place for sandbagging above 25% or so. We've seen it numerous times, the glory you can win was next to nothing, its why teams stopped doing this and moved to the sweet spot of 10-25% sandbags, where the impact on matchmaking is game breaking and the glory penalty is negligible. On top of this, even if a team tried to sandbag above this threshold, their returns would be massively diminished, a 40% sandbag in this scenario would still be significantly less impactful than the 20-25% sandbags we see today.

The solution really is this simple....
                      Last edited by S_How; Yesterday, 09:55 AM.

• KniferX
                      KniferX commented
                      Editing a comment
                      So? Some teams won't give a damn about glory but just to mess with the matchmaking system.
                      And with 25% bottom not counting, you'll make new low age players absolutely undesirable in any established alliance.
                      The only simple thing this will create is more problems.

• We can ask Nexon to make some kind of War League, with limitation of maximum number of players from every age per war? For example: max 4 atomic or less, max 4 global or less, max 7 industrial or less, and so on in war participants... of course thay can keep random wars as well... In that case, there is no way we face much stronger opponent .
                    ​​​​only one problem with this idea is how to make war schedule?
                    Last edited by Pepyto; Today, 05:10 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X