X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cannibals
    started a topic Stop the fake 5* battle results with #checksum

Stop the fake 5* battle results with #checksum

The battle result says they 5* your base, but the replay shows an impossible victory after a few seconds of combat by a handful of weak troops. This is annoying in MP but completely overturns the outcome of wars. This is not healthy for the game. Enough already!

Nexon could easily prevent this cheat by adding a digital fingerprint (a checksum hash) to the battle result. It is a small calculated value unique to the two players and the actual battle result that cannot be faked when properly implemented. I don’t understand why they don’t just do it.

#checksum

• Cannibals
    commented on 's reply
    The result of the battle would be run through a one-way algorithm on your device to calculate a unique number matching that result. The number would then be sent to Nexon along with the battle result. If the battle result is tampered with along the way, it won’t match against the unique number when it arrives at Nexon’s server. #checksum

• No Angel
    replied
    I know it sounds silly to ask, from me.. 😅😆 but how does this checksum work?
    Does it only work on developer server, or does it apply to our game and devices as well?

Leave a comment:

• Persia
    commented on 's reply
    It’s likely your medal range. Get high enough, and there are only a few bases to hit. Nobody can “save” a base to later hit them unless you get attacked by them, but I don’t think that’s the case here, since he had already attacked you.

• LordStark263AC
    replied
    Bump. Bump. Bump.

Leave a comment:

• helix900
    replied
    Selling P2W crap like artifacts for $200 no problem, getting rid of cheaters no go...I would be ashamed if I was Nexon

Leave a comment:

• Cannibals
    replied
    Sigh ... another loss to a handful of weak troops in just 6s. This is the biggest issue with the game today imo. #checksum

Leave a comment:

• Cannibals
    commented on 's reply
    AI auditor is a great idea, and it will work better if it audits battle results that have not been tampered with. There are readily-available hashes like SHA-1 that can be used as a checksum for unbreakable security of battle results so that hackers won’t be able to duplicate it. #checksum

• TheNecromancer
    replied
    It’s a pretty goo idea

Leave a comment:

• Tsamu
    replied
    If it really is as simple as an app intercepting and changing the number of stars then a checksum will be a good counter measure. Until the developer works out how the checksum is calculated and builds it into the app. We also need an AI auditor of all battles to spot impossible results (like 6 infantry clearing a base the same age or higher) and dealing with the cheater. The punishment is probably a subject for a new topic though.

Leave a comment:

• Cannibals
    commented on 's reply
    That’s a different problem. In that case, they did actually get a 5* victory albeit through invalid means and the battle report matches the outcome. This fix would stop the cases were the outcome is tampered with before it gets reported to Nexon servers.

#checksum

• jagadeeshgarapati
    replied
    this will not solve people using 200 demolition tactics or 20 troop cards or 30 planes to get a 5 star

Leave a comment:

• Cannibals
    commented on 's reply
    This isn’t matrix. It’s unscrupulous players running an unsophisticated app that intercepts the battle result message and simply updates where it says 0* to instead say 5*. They wouldn’t be able to do it if there was a digital fingerprint on the message that would indicate when it had been tampered with.

#checksum

• SirViper
    replied
    Very common at high levels. I’m assuming this is still the result of the matrix glitch that hasn’t been fully patched. I’ve been getting attacked by them constantly. It’s not a replay glitch. They drop infantry only and log says they 5 starred my max defense base. Not possible.

Leave a comment:

• Eegon Spengler
    replied
    Agreed that something has to be done. If the checksum approach is such a simple fix, why wasn't this used initially? Is this standard in other games?

In addition, I was hit twice by the same cheater in a few days which to me means he has some way of saving a player's base to attack it again repeatedly. How is this possible?

proof

Leave a comment:

Working...
X