X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Winter for the Ages 6.6.5 Update

Let the holiday festivities begin!
    • Snow has settled in, citizens don their heavy parkas, the Crown Dock and Marco Polo are all dressed up for the holidays!
    • Find a wide arrange of in-game events covering holidays of the past - including the World War I Christmas Truce.
    Winter for the Ages
    • COMING SOON!
    Bug Fixes and Improvements
    • Fixed a crash that may occur when sharing replays (investigating)
    • Museum War Hall unlocked for observers
    • Minor art fixes and text edits

Balance Changes
    Last edited by TinSoldier; 12-07-2018, 09:18 AM.
    Follow Us!
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/thebighugegames/
    Twitter: @BigHugeGames

Great to have replays fixed, I can finally go back to showing off my loot to my members. πŸ˜†πŸ˜πŸ˜œ

Comment

Replays are not fixed.... dumb F...s

Comment

• TinSoldier
        TinSoldier commented
        Editing a comment
        We will continue to investigate issues around replay sharing. I've added a note to the known issues sheet. Thank you for the feedback!

ok so the this update is all about winter for the ages. We welcome this kind of event but I expected something more.
      there are so many pressing issues and people are leaving the game. The fun is almost gone and all you give us is THAT?
      I believed you could do better...This is not worth calling a patch. Do you have anything else for us soon?

Comment

Glory decay is huge. It represents the defeat of zero-sum points ranking theoretical mathemagics and movement toward an outcomes based ranking model. Let’s give whichever designer did that some credit.

Comment

• Manifesto
        Manifesto commented
        Editing a comment
        Realistically, let's give credit to the people on the forum who have been calling for this for months/years.

New looks for my base!! What's Christmas in Domi land without snow and some twinkle lights? I will take it. Please continue along this line of giving players what they have been asking for. Good news for seeing through the fog of war at the Museum War Hall, also thank you for this.

TinSoldier can you provide an insight on what the design team has been working on in the past month since Joe's appearance in the general forums? We all want to know what is coming to fix the tragedy called "re-balancing". We have already voiced our multitudes of suggestions on how to fix this and our supreme dissatisfaction. Please give us the Christmas gift of fun this year, that's what we want most.
      Last edited by NateTheGreat; 12-05-2018, 09:46 AM. Reason: Added museum comment
      NATE THE GREAT | 220 AA | British
      Stop the cheaters. Listen to your players.
      Give us content not new skins on old units.
      100k Players x $10 >> 5k Players x $100

Comment

• TinSoldier
        TinSoldier commented
        Editing a comment
        We also announced the Glory decay today for inactive Alliances. It's one of many upcoming matchmaking changes. I'll add a link above to the body of these patchnotes.

• NateTheGreat
        NateTheGreat commented
        Editing a comment
        I see the Glory Decay system post, thank you. Any insight into troops having better mechanics /stats so the boring Heavy Tank /German army isn't the only legit composition?

• Manifesto
        Manifesto commented
        Editing a comment
        NateTheGreat
        The rebalance is here to stay, Joe said so. Tin won't be making any comments to the contrary. Time to accept it.

So war matchups still suck cheaters and sandbagging still runs rampant so you basically fixed nothing. But added snow great job

Comment

No snow for me, lol even updated on my 2 accounts

Comment

• Bryan_k
          Bryan_k commented
          Editing a comment
          Nothing for me either? looks exactly the same, apart from the opening logo..

• Cannibals
          Cannibals commented
          Editing a comment
          Same here ... no snow.

• NateTheGreat
          NateTheGreat commented
          Editing a comment
          when do we get the snow???

Really we get the snow? Christmas trees and Snowman? 😍 That's the most important stuff I've been waiting the whole year πŸ˜†

I can't wait to see how glory decay will work. Will it begin in January? We need new leaderboard system after all. How about matchmaking? Can we get at least opponents in the same glory range? It's ridiculous to see 700/7 ratio πŸ˜†

Anyways, winter is coming! β›„
        Improvise. Adapt. Overcome.
        ​​​​​​

Comment

No fix for match making yet. That is something you called out as a critical fix! Do we just keep getting matches of either with glory of : x/yyy or zzz/y ?

Comment

TinSoldier I need a confirmation here : does this new update let the enemy on world war hide their attack replays? Cause we are in war day and I couldn't see a single replay from their attacks on our bases.
            It should work both ways right? They can't view our attacks also.

I can view our attacks, but only a half of them, as in 5 replays of 11 attacks made.
            Is this a bug, or indeed design that way?

I have a theory but not sure :
            Those attacks were made before the update so couldn't be viewed. And, or
            Those attacks were done by those who hadn't updated the game atm.
            Not sure. Confirmation please?
            Last edited by No Angel; 12-05-2018, 07:50 PM.
            Improvise. Adapt. Overcome.
            ​​​​​​

Comment

• Cannibals
              Cannibals commented
              Editing a comment
              It isn’t an easy fix to enable replays on different versions. A replay is basically your device recreating the battle by giving the same inputs as the attacker. If your version of the game is different with different rules, then the outcome will be different on your device.

• No Angel
              No Angel commented
              Editing a comment
              That's where the flaws come from, cause the replays always depend on our handset. They should design the replays to be automatically generated by the main server, so whatever version we are playing, replays will always be available (and accurate).
              Don't know how much effort the game team should do, just fix this πŸ˜‘ !

Oh and with this update, sharing replays are still broken for several devices. Yaaaawn
              Last edited by No Angel; 12-06-2018, 07:48 AM.

• Cannibals
              Cannibals commented
              Editing a comment
              The cost to store, transmit, and manage videos of all attacks would be astronomical.

That’s a good news, thanks.

Comment

Looking forward to Winter for the Ages! Jumping up to GA now so I can access the discounts!

Comment

Sharing replays just crash my game...This is so so annoying.

Comment

Is there going to be the instant tc upgrade in this event?

Please don't undo the rebalance. The game is a lot better balanced now. Still needs some tweaks like fixing nation imbalance. An ia shouldn't be able to easily take out a cwa.

Comment

• Manifesto
                    Manifesto commented
                    Editing a comment
                    How long have you been playing?
                    There are always instant TC upgrades with these events and Tin even said so!

• Dracula3811
                    Dracula3811 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I've been playing since the beginning. I try not to assume things. And just because they've done it in the past is no guarantee that they'll do it in the future.
                Working...
                X